• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jcr offroad, any good?

I recently bought the 3 bolt steering box spacer, all the holes except the large one that dosn't bolt to the box lined up. The one that didn't line up wasn't even close.

I recently bought the 3 bolt steering box spacer, all the holes except the large one that dosn't bolt to the box lined up. The one that didn't line up wasn't even close.
Pics? I have one and although it was a bit tight, I did get all 4 bolts in at the end. I'm dreading having to deal with the steering again. Conveniently, I forgot to paint it in something so now it's got a bit of rust.

I'm having the same issue myself. I have sent an email to JCR just a few minutes ago ([email protected]). I just hope my fate with the steering box isn't the same as yours.

As soon as we get into work today, we'll get this sorted out for you!

Yeah, I did not get my stickers with my shipment either.

We ordered anther batch of 1000 stickers. Unfortunatly, we move so much product over the last two months, we destroyed that last pile!

I got my bumper and tie-in brackets, though! I sure hope my brackets fit.

We are pretty sure that the problem that was encountered earlier was a small messed up batch. We were able to nail it down to a handful of brackets. You shouldn't have any problems, however if you do, please don't hesitate to contact us!

I was just up at JCR's shop this past Monday, and they are having a little delay with stickers. So Eric told me as soon as they get some in, they will send me some. I would email JCR and ask them to send you some when they get their stock of stickers. Btw I got the same front bumper as you did, and I love it!

If you didn't get stickers, email us with your info (name and address) and we'll send them out as soon as they hit our hands!

[email protected]

Yeah, I did not get my stickers with my shipment either. I got my bumper and tie-in brackets, though! I sure hope my brackets fit.

ry%3D400
I'm running the winch version and had no problems getting the brackets to line up. I wouldn't worry.
Dieselenthusiast:

Do you plan to remount those fog lights from the OEM bumper onto the new bumper?

If so, what are your plans?
The hoop has light tabs on it, although you may need to space the lights up a little with washers depending on the lights My Hella 500s didn't clear the tube, so I used 3 washers as spacers, and they fit perfect.

I will finish the last coat of paint this evening and start the install. This thing is going to rock! Thanks for the quality work and fast shipment, JCR! Here's a photo of how the bumper looked two hours after delivery.

ry%3D400

Last edited:
Did JCR redesign the hoop? Or is that like a stage 4 bumper with an added hoop as opposed to the prerunner bumper

Did JCR redesign the hoop? Or is that like a stage 4 bumper with an added hoop as opposed to the prerunner bumper

Its a stage 4 with hoop. Can't wait to see mine show up.

The hoop has light tabs on it, although you may need to space the lights up a little with washers depending on the lights My Hella 500s didn't clear the tube, so I used 3 washers as spacers, and they fit perfect.

Thanks for the tip darky. :cheers:

I had the same issue with my Hella 500's but I wouldn't trade my JCR's for anything. Both front and rear bumpers have taken some tremendous shots and held up great. I have managed to dent the tubes on the sliders though but nothing major. They have saved me countless times.

I must say that with the Super Winch I have I had to trim the grill to get it to fit on my '99. I had a smaller Super Winch on my '89 and I had to trim the grill in it also. That and the Hella's are the only fitment issues I've had with any of thier products. They are built to take some abuse.

&^%$ I started on the bumper install today after work but had to put the original bumper back on. The uni-body tie in brackets need to have most of the holes re-drilled to accommodate the bolts. I could get the front two bumper bolts installed but I will need to drill the rest. Same on both sides. That should not be a real problem, but I was hoping to get this installed today.

&^%$ I started on the bumper install today after work but had to put the original bumper back on. The uni-body tie in brackets need to have most of the holes re-drilled to accommodate the bolts. I could get the front two bumper bolts installed but I will need to drill the rest. Same on both sides. That should not be a real problem, but I was hoping to get this installed today.

Is this a JCR problem?

I have managed to dent the tubes on the sliders though but nothing major.

HOW? I hit a Mercedes with the drivers side one and it didn't dent. The rail made it through but the Jeep didn't!

HOW? I hit a Mercedes with the drivers side one and it didn't dent. The rail made it through but the Jeep didn't!

Hahaha. I've beat on them pretty bad but one good sized dent came from Rattle Rock. I must say, the dent to the slider was small compared to the dent in the door.:laugh:

Hahaha. I've beat on them pretty bad but one good sized dent came from Rattle Rock. I must say, the dent to the slider was small compared to the dent in the door.:laugh:

Yeah, That happened to my passenger rear door old one. Off camber and a tree will do that!

might be a bad batch, mine lines up fine.

After thinking about this all night, I believe I will NOT drill out the holes for fear of reducing the strength of the overall tie-in assembly. Instead, I will take my cutoff wheel and remove metal from the top portion of the bracket where it contacts the sheet metal near the three bumper bolts. I'll post pics later tonight if I am successful.

Mugless mentioned taking his brackets to a machine shop and having them remove 1/8th of an inch from the top. I will cut the metal in my driveway and piss off the neighbors, but hey, they are used to me cutting and grinding by now. I have more miles under by Jeep, than in it anyway. I have a wheeling trip planned for tomorrow morning and I stupidly gave away my stock tow points last night thinking I would have the bumper installed quickly. D'oh!

Last edited:
Yeah, I did not get my stickers with my shipment either. I got my bumper and tie-in brackets, though! I sure hope my brackets fit.

ry%3D400

Awesome bumper! I just put a Stage 2 on last week that I picked up from another NAXJA member for a really good price! I'm going sometime next week to a friend of that member's to see about having a hoop added. I'm debating whether or not I want to have light brackets incorporated into the hoop or just drill and tap the bumper and put them on there.

On my tie in brackets, for the drivers side, one of the steering box bolts does not need to come out (won't line up with the bracket). This actually helps by keeping the box in place while you replace the other two bolts. Not sure if yours is the same way, but just something to keep in mind!

27218_682020149357_36618587_38667074_6954534_n.jpg

Back