• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jcr offroad, any good?

Keeping the lights lower than the headlights is desired since you don't need to keep them covered (Ca. law) during daily driving, so I understand why you would want to drill into the top of the bumper for your lights. I may do that as well if the lights end up being too high on the hoop.

Get the hoop from JCR and have it welded on. Perhaps a second set of smaller lights (PIA??) can be added to the tabs for trail use only. By the way, I'm digging your engine skid. I had to remove mine for the sway bar relo brackets, but I do like the contrasting yellow color.

Thanks! Authentic John Deere Yellow....painted it when I used to work there :D

After thinking about this all night, I believe I will NOT drill out the holes for fear of reducing the strength of the overall tie-in assembly. Instead, I will take my cutoff wheel and remove metal from the top portion of the bracket where it contacts the sheet metal near the three bumper bolts. I'll post pics later tonight if I am successful.

Mugless mentioned taking his brackets to a machine shop and having them remove 1/8th of an inch from the top. I will cut the metal in my driveway and piss off the neighbors, but hey, they are used to me cutting and grinding by now. I have more miles under by Jeep, than in it anyway. I have a wheeling trip planned for tomorrow morning and I stupidly gave away my stock tow points last night thinking I would have the bumper installed quickly. D'oh!

I redrew the part to add some metal above that top hole. Reason being a washer was sticking over the bracket, and I didn't like the looks of that. Before we use to cut them out of 5" tall flat stock and had no choice. Problem is I added too much and forgot about the sheet metal stick over. It was only a couple brackets before we caught it.

If it were my Jeep I would trim the sheet metal for bracket clearance and have extra beef above that hole. But the brackets have since been fixed to take care of this issue. If you happen to have gotten one of the non fitting sets, give us a call and we can swap them out. :)

I did a couple hours of light reaming and adjusting but I got the brackets on and everything looks GREAT. I understand the slight differences between Cherokees, so I was more than willing and able to make these brackets fit without sending them back to you guys. Bottom line is you guys provide great support and a real nice product.

Here's a pic. What do you think? Sweet? :)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Last edited:
God, I can't wait to get mine. Went to the automotive paint supply yesterday and grabbed a couple cans of self etching primer and couple cans of semi-flat Black.

I'm hoping to see about adding a hoop to mine this week..that way I can go ahead and repaint once all the work is done. Gonna grab some paint from work this week...buy one get one free until the end of the month!

I gotta chime in on this one.

I ordered some stage 3 sliders and a transfer case skid a couple of weeks ago. I get home today, and there's a message on my voice mail from JCR.

They were hoping to talk to me before I install the skid, since they made some changes and the instructions on their site haven't been updated. They left full instructions on what the changes were and how to install it the new way.

Top notch products, and top notch service!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I ordered some stage 3 sliders and a transfer case skid a couple of weeks ago. I get home today, and there's a message on my voice mail from JCR.

They were hoping to talk to me before I install the skid, since they made some changes and the instructions on their site haven't been updated. They left full instructions on what the changes were and how to install it the new way.

You'll be happy with that skid! It seems like it stiffens up the unibody a little bit too.....and that does make since I suppose. Same goes for the GT skid. I can feel it not flexing the body as much in places where I've noticed it in the past.

Care to PM me that info? I have my skid all painted up now and its ready to install.

Your skid wasn't in the batch that went out with the wrong Nutserts. :sunshine:

COOL! I PM'd tigerchief about it, Got it all figured out! Now hurry up and ship my bumpers! :D

Back