• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jcr offroad, any good?

My front bumper just arrived where i had it shipped. It will be in primer tonight if the rain holds out. Thanks Brian, Daryl and Eric for taking care of my armor. Once I get the extra funds I will have quarter guards. Oh and BTW I HATE nutserts but that skid is a nice piece!

My front bumper just arrived where i had it shipped. It will be in primer tonight if the rain holds out. Thanks Brian, Daryl and Eric for taking care of my armor. Once I get the extra funds I will have quarter guards. Oh and BTW I HATE nutserts but that skid is a nice piece!
The nutserts are no big deal. You've just got to be smarter than what you're working with. I can see where you might have problems.

:jester:

The nutserts are no big deal. You've just got to be smarter than what you're working with. I can see where you might have problems.

:jester:

Haha, Funny Guy!:laugh3: Don't worry, bolts through the uniframe will solve it.

How long of a bolt?

I don't remember if I bought 4" or 4.5" bolts, but just make sure you use fiber locks since you cannot torque down the bolts due to the thin metal of the unibody channels. You'll end up squashing them and still not getting the nuts tight if you use regular nuts.

Measure first before you head to your parts store. I did the same for the front JCR Stage IV bumper I just installed and I like the results with the skid and bumper.

I don't remember if I bought 4" or 4.5" bolts, but just make sure you use fiber locks since you cannot torque down the bolts due to the thin metal of the unibody channels. You'll end up squashing them and still not getting the nuts tight if you use regular nuts.

Measure first before you head to your parts store. I did the same for the front JCR Stage IV bumper I just installed and I like the results with the skid and bumper.

If you're using bolts that go through the frame, you should really sleave them.

Thats the way I was going to do it. I know it should really be sleeved but I'm not entirely sure if i want to do that. Probably gonna do frame stiffeners eventually, I'll do it then. The bolts on the cross member hold it pretty good though(only 3 on the framerails held!). Should be getting bolts in a few days and doing it then.

I have some 4 inch bolts out in the Jeep for the stering box spacer, I'll see how those will work.

Back