• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IT'S ABOUT TIME! Wrench-A-Thon and BBQ

I came home and it was like christmas around here.

Well, it's more of a hack n' tap than a full SYE kit. I have a 207 and only Tom Woods makes a 207 SYE. But all they do is the same thing I am going to do, take the OP shaft and cut it down.

OK list of stuff you need brought. "NOW BOY" we running out of tool gathering time....lol

Seriously what do you need so we can get/bring it there....

It's 1 am... I just got home from work and my shift was SUPPOSED to end at 9 pm. I set a new company record, I went through the entire fleet we have and killed every ambulance (in one week). Well not EVERY truck, 801 is still on the road but I haven't rode in that one yet. Sorry I haven't been on the ball about this. But here is a quick list:

Torque wrench(es)
Welder
Air compressor
Air tools
Plasma cutter
Ball joint press
Brake line double flair thingy
Wrenches Standard and Metric (3/4"+ for standard)

I don't know... anything you guys think will make life easier.

I will be working late into the night tomorrow, due to the lack of "invited" people not being to make it or come as early as was planned. So if anyone wants to stop by please do.

Last edited:
Well here it is... minus a few odds and ends... oh and the rear diff cover (I need to order that still) and the steering (Should be here Sat.)

DSCN2556.jpg

4 am... who said anything about going to bed?

Man am I tired... lol

It looks like you are going to have perfect weather tomorrow. I should be there late morning probably as it takes a while to get there nowadays.

Great! It will be nice to see you again.

Well it's been slow going today. I got a few things done with help fro Wildcat.

If any of you that are coming tomorrow have a HIGH grade 3/8" - 16 tap I would LOVE to use it.

Oh and THANKS alot BigJim for those springs. We went to the auto store, thinking you would not be back so soon, plus they were about to close.

For all that are coming tomorrow..... I will have my snap on brick with me to be able to plug into the Renix era XJ's if need be.

Crap... I am getting tired FAST now.

Well I want to thank wildcatXJ, magimerlin, rms692, BDR, lwbtx and bigjim for all the help over the weekend. I wish things would of gone better and I was able to drive it to work tomorrow. OH well, I will have to tell clayton about the issues I had.

I will post picutes and build info when I have more time. I am still messing around with it. I have to STILL get a new front drive shaft or something, I am tired of thinking right now.

Good times Kurt! Sorry you had so many problems with the long arms.

I had a brilliant idea for the next big workout craze. I'm gonna take a D30 inner C and weld it to a stand. Then you just remove and install ball joints 8 or 10 times!:D

Back