• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IT'S ABOUT TIME! Wrench-A-Thon and BBQ

I think we should tackle the HARDEST stuff.... building a bastard pack for the rear is relatively easy. I think we could do the RMS while we had the crossmember dropped easily enough.

Thats what I was thinking. Plus I will be doing alot of "prep work" before you guys get here. Just to make things a little easier.

And the cross member's center section is removable. We can drop the OE cross member, put the Clayton one on, weld the sides (like in the directions), then remove the middle with the trans and TC. That way we can split up in groups and work on both at the same time (LAs and RMS).

The 8.8 is 95% done. I just need to run the hard lines and it's ready to go.

Last edited:
Just 3 weeks away. Anyone else think they can make it out?

I just got the call today saying that a back ordered part I needed is in. Going to pick that up as soon as I have the money.

Wish I could go. If I had a job I could afford the gas. :(

Don't worry about it, Sparty. Lets work on getting you to RoM, ok?

Alright. :)

13 days left... who is ready?

I am not, I still have afew parts to get. I will be cutting it close.

I should be able to make it out there. Although I probably won't be driving my jeep. PM me if there are any tools you might need me to bring.

Thanks for the offer of tools. I am sure we can compile a list before hand. It's ok about not driving your XJ down. A few others aren't either.

That's good to know...I thought I was gonna have to bring mine on the trailer, unload around the corner from your house and drive it in. :D

Or you could do that also... lol

You can bring your kids with you.... but I don't think i want the extra headache of having to deal with that bounce. Then all the neighborhood kids will show up.... grrrr.

HAHA...... I am gonna start rounding stuff up early next week. Are you excited?

HAHA...... I am gonna start rounding stuff up early next week. Are you excited?

Hell yeah I am... lol

Oh BTW my old job hired me back with more hours of OT and weekeneds off. But I told them LONG ago I need these days off and the days off for RoM.

I knew it would and I knew they would be hiring me back before too long. With the owner and super working 24/7... it was just a waiting game.

Back