• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IT'S ABOUT TIME! Wrench-A-Thon and BBQ

Im not going, cant stand that kurt guy...OH, and i will b there this weekend with welder kurt......

Cool... I now have Saturdays off.

I actually have this weekend off too. yah... but will still be here working on my junk trying to get it closer to being done. I do not get to many weekends off these days...

Why yes it is. Come one down and joing us.

It's a typo... like you never make one.

But yes... the paint fumes are nice.

i know it was a typo, was messin with ya,dang...figured u was painting

Wish I was painting. Sorry. Can't make it that far south. I could really use some help with some body work on the rockers

Well, I do body work. Actually what I went to school for. Yet stayed in the parts business still, go figure. You can make the trip and I can hook you up......

Darn it, I could really use the help but there no way I can get that far south.
I've got a hole in the driver's door and two dime sized holes about an inch apart under the driver's rear door. I've got paint bubling on the roof up front by the windshield. I've got to do something about it this summer before its too late.

Do any of you that are coming have a trans jack?

I have a motorcycle/ATV jack that I always use for a transmission jack. I can bring it along if need be.

You think that would work to help change my rear main seal? I just noticed that it was leaking. I might as well change my slave cylinder while I am in there too.

Hmmm....... does that 2.8 have a 2 piece rear main, or a one piece? From you needing the jack I am guess it is a one piece, and so the Trans has to come out. I am sure it would work for that.

Honestly those little five speeds aren't that heavy. I pulled one a while back, and just dropped the TC, and lowered it by hand, and pulled it out by hand, and then turned around and did the same thing with the transmission. LOL

Well I just wanted to leave the trans and TC connected and slide it back wards. I know I am going to have to remove the cross member when I do the long arms. I am just trying to kill as many birds as I can.

EDIT: The 2.8 came with either a 2 piece or a one piece. When I look up the RMS for mine, it shows to be a 1 piece.

Last edited:
Ahhhh.... that sucks...... I wonder if you could cut out the stock one, and replace it with a two piece?? LOL Just a thought.

Nope. That will not work.

We only have 2 days. Lets take care of the original stuff (long arm, hack/tap, bastard springs, etc) first then we can take care of the added stuff

Back