• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Never been kayaking, but would def be up for some camping/hiking/trail riding...
Kayaking is a really good time. Especially if you get yourself out there with a half dozen friends or so, on a slow but steady river and about 5 cases of beer.

Paddling a river wandering through the woods blitzed is quite a the experience.

Sounds like your kayaking is more fun than ours. I always hated it, my ass and arms would start to hurt, then all I wanted to do was quit.

Kayaking is a really good time. Especially if you get yourself out there with a half dozen friends or so, on a slow but steady river and about 5 cases of beer.

this man knows what hes talking about. we float down the manistee multiple times during the summer. ive grown to like the canoe. its not so much paddling, as it is navigating the canoe. and you can fit a bigger cooler. haha.

Can't say much else, but I was the Deputy that got flagged down.

Illiana '3 houses down from mine' XJ

Damn, Byron Glad to hear you are ok. That is an unfortunate situation.

Sounds like your kayaking is more fun than ours. I always hated it, my ass and arms would start to hurt, then all I wanted to do was quit.

Love kayaking, I flat water kayak anywhere between 3-15 mile trip at least once a year. Will paddle more this year on lakes this year as Sarah picked up a kayak this past Feb. I picked up a better life jacket for paddling (flotation is in the lower part of vest leaving plenty of range of motion for my arms).

depending on what Mac does with his new jeep, I may have a seat. I don't have my rear belts in so the back seats are not an option.

I have given Mac first option. Dylan gets a seat for Chadville.

I've got two guys from work coming, one with a cj7 and another with a tj. both will have open seats.

Mac is not sure what he's going to attempt with the newtome Jeep.

It does have rock rails on it.

But 32 ats will limit me.

mac 'good for slickrock tho' gyvr

Can't say much else, but I was the Deputy that got flagged down.

Illiana '3 houses down from mine' XJ

Must be something in the air.

We just had an officer involved shooting on Saturday.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/police-investigating-shooting-on-spatz-avenue

That's the third person we've shot this year...in less than four months.

I was on the scene on the first one right after it happened and I was there on the hostage negotiating team for the second one.

1st one...you can see me in the video...or you could the last time I watched it.
http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/crime/...ce?ref=scroller&categoryId=20062&status=false

2nd one
http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/crime/fort-wayne-police-investigate-another-fatal-shooting

mac 'we are up to 16 homicides for the county this year' gyvr

Haha! Yep, standing at the bottom of the stairwell, smoke in hand.

I wasn't smoking...

mac 'rarely smoke at work and never with cameras around' gyvr

Sounds like we need to meet up this summer. Do you have a kayak? I am up just south of crandon a lot, I will be heading up with my bow to chase turkeys this weekend. Hopefully it doesnt snow..

Suicide by cop... even more cowardly than suicide. Jackass thing to do to the cop, too...

Re: Re: Important

You can do big lake kayaking on 3 sides. Pictured Rocks near Munising should be pretty impressive from a kayak, I have no idea how much of a paddle you're looking at from a dock. There are small rivers & lakes everywhere. Especially up in the Keweenaw, watch out for unexpected waterfalls.

There's always the Seney Wildlife Refuge.

Whitefish Point.

The locks at Sault St. Marie.

Drummond Island

If we keep talking about this, will Brian (97XJ2) show up?

Don't forget the world famous floating bridge in Manisique...

Back