• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"I'M ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!"

red91inWA said:
It's just all the LEAGL-EZZE _hit that I hate. In comes down to Political Correctness which needs to be taken outback and shot in the head.
I mostly agree. Some people just get too anal and uptight, both on definitions and PC. They should create their own country somewhere. Oooh, or move to France. :)

Glenn

Glenn said:
That all comes down to the "official reason" they are deployed. But make no mistake, it is a war to the men and women that preserve our ability to sit here and post this stuff IMHO.
When I was in training before being sent to Vietnam, the training cadre were very clear that we were not going to a "war." They told is that it would look like a war and sound like a war and act like a war, but it was not, repeat NOT, a war.

That pesky little detail about Congress and the Constutution sure does muck things up, but it IS the supreme law of the land.

Also IMHO, those that think otherwise are trying to bury their head in the sand on the issue. Not to really out to ruffle the old birds feathers, but I disagree with Eagle, obviously.
Not the first time, probably not the last. :loveu:

Last edited:
If you are shooting at people, and people are shooting back, it is a battle. If organized groups are shooting at you, and you are shooting back, it is a war. Regardless of what training cadre say. :) They train, and have no say whatsoever in policy matters. They can only parrot what they are told. Their job is just to train you to stay alive. Seems they did you right in that regard?

Constitution... all fine and good.

IMHO, VietNam was a WAR. The first Gulf War was a WAR. The Cold War was a WAR (heck, I have a few decorations from that one). We are currently in a WAR. No doubt about it.

We can cry that Congress did not declare war, but they are funding it. "Fund the WAR" or "Declare WAR".... no matter, we are in it.... we will finish it, and it will be better after Kerry loses the election and people can focus on the task at hand, and not on some whackos that talk funny.

People are shooting and killing our Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airman. They are shooting back to kill. My friend, that IS war.

Eagle said:
When I was in training before being sent to Vietnam, the training cadre were very clear that we were not going to a "war." They told is that it would look like a war and sound like a war and act like a war, but it was not, repeat NOT, a war.

That pesky little detail about Congress and the Constutution sure does muck things up, but it IS the supreme law of the land.

Also IMHO, those that think otherwise are trying to bury their head in the sand on the issue. Not to really out to ruffle the old birds feathers, but I disagree with Eagle, obviously.
Not the first time, probably not the last. :loveu:[/QUOTE]

Glenn said:
If you are shooting at people, and people are shooting back, it is a battle. If organized groups are shooting at you, and you are shooting back, it is a war. Regardless of what training cadre say. :) They train, and have no say whatsoever in policy matters. They can only parrot what they are told. Their job is just to train you to stay alive. Seems they did you right in that regard?

Constitution... all fine and good.

IMHO, VietNam was a WAR. The first Gulf War was a WAR. The Cold War was a WAR (heck, I have a few decorations from that one). We are currently in a WAR. No doubt about it.

We can cry that Congress did not declare war, but they are funding it. "Fund the WAR" or "Declare WAR".... no matter, we are in it.... we will finish it, and it will be better after Kerry loses the election and people can focus on the task at hand, and not on some whackos that talk funny.

People are shooting and killing our Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airman. They are shooting back to kill. My friend, that IS war.

Not the first time, probably not the last. :loveu:
[/QUOTE]

When the COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF says it's a war, it must be. Seems to me he outranks you. :eek:

red91inWA said:
When the COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF says it's a war, it must be. Seems to me he outranks you. :eek:
The C.I.C. outranked me when I was in uniform, now he (theoretically) works for me. However, he does not outrank the Constitution. GWB is not the only recent president who appears not to have understood that. They all take an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, then the first thing they do is ignore it.

Eagle said:
The C.I.C. outranked me when I was in uniform, now he (theoretically) works for me. However, he does not outrank the Constitution. GWB is not the only recent president who appears not to have understood that. They all take an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, then the first thing they do is ignore it.
Crying will not help. Apparently you miss the fact that your beloved Congress has voted (yes.. VOTED) to fund this.

Your high lil horse is a lame pony. :dunce: You Democrats sure like to blame just one man, but conviniently forget that Congress approved and funded this.

Hello, Glenn. Read my lips:

I am NOT a Democrat

Clear enough? Men have been shot for less.

Doesn't matter what Congress voted to fund, they did not declare war. That's not an opinion nor a political statement. It's a fact.

Eagle said:
Hello, Glenn. Read my lips:

I am NOT a Democrat

Clear enough? Men have been shot for less.

Doesn't matter what Congress voted to fund, they did not declare war. That's not an opinion nor a political statement. It's a fact.
hehe. calm down, violence will not make you right. :D

I say the next time they call it a police action, everybody should show up with rubber bullets or maybe enema kits for an intervention.
Think they change the name, so they can rewrite the rules, benefit packages for the soldiers and have wiggle room in the UN.
Bet people will be tripping all over themselves, to sign up for the National Guard and/or the Reserves. In the Vietnam era, Regular Army and draftees, where two seperate social classes in the military. NG (National Guard) was concidered a lower life form. One of the reasons they went to the all volunteer military.
I´ve heard rumors, that the families of National Guard and Reserve soldiers, aren´t recieving the same health benefits as regular Army soldiers. Is this fact or fiction?

I'm not sure, but I believe that it is fact. when a national guard/reserve soldier gets activated, he then receives all health and med benefits that us normal active duty folk receive, but his family does not. why this is i havent the foggiest, and it sucks, they should change it, but that is up to congress. There are a lot of things I think the military needs to change, but it will probably come in due time. I like a lot of the new ideas the army has, but some of its older ones i think it needs to change. I like the new uniform, and the fact i wont have to polish my boots anymore, but on the same token I'm sure theres gonna be a uniform nazi out there with a ruler making sure we just didnt toss our new velcro stuff on our uniform. if that happens, i'll measure it out, then take a marker and outline where it goes:D Adapt and overcome. America will adapt and overcome to whatever life throws us in the future, my only hope is that it doesnt make us worse people, or degrade our quality of life. between germany, the US, and all the places I've been downrange, Americans have by far the best quality of life. people complain about gas being a 1.90$ a gallon. try that much for a LITRE of gas. I love the US, it is definitely my home. it doesnt matter where it is, its home.

Urban Redneck said:
Isn't this type of violence against the by-laws of the boards?
:NAXJA: Forum Rules :read:

Threats of bodily harm or other threatened consequences are not permitted and will be deleted without warning.

since it was indirect, and probably considered to be in the PAST TENSE.....

I'm sure Eagle would harm no one unless it was in defense. His quote is being taken out of context.

The Rabbi has studied the matter.

However, if you look at the exchange Glenn And Eagle have been haveing there may be something there about how abuse twords MOD's is not tollerated, since it is a non-paying position.

This could be interesting. Glenns' company hosts the board, eagle moderates some of the board... :confused: let the confusion begin...

Last edited:
I know what Eagle meant, and that is was not a threat. Just a "saying" of sorts. I am not worried about it, we just have differing opinions, and that is what makes this country great. Even if he is wrong. :D
Glenn

red91inWA said:

Threats of bodily harm or other threatened consequences are not permitted and will be deleted without warning.

I'm sure Eagle would harm no one unless it was in defense. His quote is being taken out of context.

Since you edited your post, I will respond again.

That is hardly "abuse". Eagle and I often have disagreements. However we do get along, and even speak by phone occasionaly.

He is still wrong though. :) I am welcome to my views.
red91inWA said:

However, if you look at the exchange Glenn And Eagle have been haveing there may be something there about how abuse twords MOD's is not tollerated, since it is a non-paying position.

This could be interesting. Glenns' company hosts the board, eagle moderates some of the board... :confused: let the confusion begin...

Glenn said:
Since you edited your post, I will respond again.

That is hardly "abuse". Eagle and I often have disagreements. However we do get along, and even speak by phone occasionaly.

Eagle moderates parts of the forums, as do I. Not sure what that has to do with anything? We can share differences of opinions just like the rest.

He is still wrong though. :) I am welcome to my views.

Glenn said:
I know what Eagle meant, and that is was not a threat. Just a "saying" of sorts. I am not worried about it, we just have differing opinions, and that is what makes this country great. Even if he is wrong. :D
Glenn

I know. I just like to have fun. :gag:

thats the great thing about this country. we can all disagree about whatever we want, and theres nothing wrong with it. we arent going to get drug off in the middle of the night to get the crap beat out of us, or anything else. Thats why I love the USA. you can say what you want, wear what you want, do what you want to do (within limits obviously) and everyone has the choice to serve, or support, or have nothing to do with the military, unlike other countries.

Anyone live in the Seattle area?
I was delivery a pizza today, and saw some sort of flyer on people cars.
I just don’t remember what it all exactly said. I should have grabbed it, but I was so disgusted by it I didn’t.
It stated that all us middle class families who had family members in the war are idiots, It stated that no rich/politicians kids were in the war, Then made fun of all the deaths.
Yes it did make fun of the deaths that have happened it actually said ha ha, that is why I left.
Now that is something that is going over the line. Go ahead say you’re against the war; call the troops names, take down yellow ribbons, just don’t make fun of them dying! How dare someone do that!
Did anyone happen to get one of those, and can type out what it said.

I'm just curious how many democrats are out there? It seems as if this place is full of republicans.

What do you expect, living in Seattle? I know what Eagle said and I know what the rules are...and...I could figure out what the exchange was.

Back