• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"I'M ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!"

Yucca-Man said:
Oh, Pleeeease enlighten us as to what thing you've achieved
rolleye.gif

I like Yuccas sarcasm. What the ROAD TO ELIGHTENMENT paved with anyhow?

Yucca... :worship: you da man.

Fergie said:
Here is a bit of insight:

Most of the people that ever join the military do it not for themselves, but for others. As much I as may not like your point of view or what you have to say, I dislike even more the possibility of you not having the right to make such comments. I joined the Army, and would have given my life in defense of ANYONE'S right to freedom.

Get off your high horse and be grateful to those who serve, and every time you are not jailed or beaten, or taken away in the middle of the night by a death squad for giving your opinion, remember the people have died, and that you will never have the honor of knowing them.

Fergie

You know Fergie I've taken some Crap from you over a post or 2 , and gotten a little bent, But I like the way you express yourself above.

Thanks for your service. I like your reasoning for joining the military, for being a little more than his senior, your very well spoken.

Z22, since I answered your questions, I will now ask you what it is that you refer to as your great accomplishment that makes you cool. So what is it? Or are you too busy trying to come up with something?

Fergie said:
So, in your expansive 20 years of life, you have obviously achieved mcuh compared to the rest of us shmos here.

And although I am just barely your senior, I have the insight not to make such flat out supid comments as you.

You're warning us? WTF about?

You're on the road to more information? Does that road lead to your dealer's place so you can go get more drugs, because you gotta be on something funky.

Here is a bit of insight:

Most of the people that ever join the military do it not for themselves, but for others. As much I as may not like your point of view or what you have to say, I dislike even more the possibility of you not having the right to make such comments. I joined the Army, and would have given my life in defense of ANYONE'S right to freedom.

Get off your high horse and be grateful to those who serve, and every time you are not jailed or beaten, or taken away in the middle of the night by a death squad for giving your opinion, remember the people have died, and that you will never have the honor of knowing them.

Fergie

No I never said I achieved much compared to everyone else. I resent that comment. Yes I have achieved something not many people can say they have. I am sure though there are people out here that have. I simply stated that, so my questions that I asked would be answered. I know it was not needed but I was concerned that people would decide to sling mud at my face for what I was asking. I put the little warning comment in there as a joke, but nonetheless I was serious. Never once did I say, “I am better then you and everyone else,” or even implied that. I am not on any horse at all, but instead laying here on the ground looking up for the answers.

I am not sure where you are coming from. I simply asked a few questions. I never gave my opinion on anything as of yet. Yes I give my opinion earlier in this post to what Culinary_Hooligan said. That though has very little to do with what I asked later. Not a thing about it was either for or against the military or our freedom of speech.

I must say again, the comment of mine I made may not have been the best to say, but I have already stated to why I put it in there.
I am like most young people; I am on a quest for knowledge. I am not on any kind of drugs of any sort. Once again I put that comment in there, so we could stick to the point, and also to make it so I wouldn’t look like an a**hole for saying what I said about me. But as usual you can’t please everyone and we all have different perceptions of what one means.

BlackSport96 said:
I will now ask you what it is that you refer to as your great accomplishment that makes you cool. QUOTE]

I am an Eagle Scout. Never once have I said I am cooler then anyone else.
I am thankful no one wanted to throw mud in my face for what I asked.
Well except the last guy, who thought I was on a high horse.
I was simply curious was all. That is why I asked the questions, if I in fact thought I was better and cooler then all you lame asses (putting that in there as a joke) I would have stated right off the bat. All I wanted to know was the answers nothing else. I didn’t need people to think I was a prick, or even on the other hand a great guy.
I have heard this comment (support the troops) so many times but have not given it any real thought. The answers though were to large for me to come up with on my own, so that is why I asked them. I am not any better of a person then any of you, in fact many of you are probably better then I am. I am not sure how many times I must stress this, but I wanted answers and comments from people, that is all. I never once tried to make myself look better then the rest of you. All I did was write one little thing and people instantly think I am putting them down. It was quite the opposite I put it in there so people wouldn’t make fun of me or much worse, for what I was asking.

here's a simple example of "supporting the troops"...
If I knew of an active duty soldier in my area away from his home and family or fiends and needed to relax, shoot the shit, or unwind, especially during this upcoming holiday season... I'd extend some hospitality.
Servicemen rarely (if ever) have a say so in the theory of foreign policy, except in the enforcement, I've been on the spear tip of American policy overseas and let me tell you, politics mean jack when push comes to shove...

"You may sleep well at night because of rough men willing to commit violent acts on your behalf" -George Orwell

Well, this is what "Support the Troops" means to me:

No matter what conflict they are involved in, no matter who is in power, no matter what, the fact there are men and women that risk their lives for this country, and others, I support them. This goes for any of the Uniformed Services.

This means I give a head nod to any person in uniform. It means that I stand when the Colors come by in a parade, and that my cover is off, and my hand is on my heart. This means I do not talk during the National Anthem, nor do I clap after it, or stay seated ANY time it plays, TV, radio or in person. It means I go out of my way to tell a Service Memeber Thank you, and that is all it takes. It means that I mow the lawn of a soldiers house so his wife doesnt have to. It means that when I can, Service Members get free lunches at restaurants from someone they dont know. It means that Vets at the VA Hospital have someone serving them food at their monthly barbeques, and that same someone listens to all their old stories, when their families are too busy to.

It means I dont let political, religious and any other view affect me when it come to THANKING Veterans for what they have done.

Fergie

Last edited:
Things to consider...

1.)Z22 Z33 is 20. And at 20 most of us knew everything which it turns out
is now really nothing.

2.) He had questions, was looking for answers, got clocked. Next time Z22 I would try to formulate your questions a little better. Lots of members here on the board have seen, in their military experience, more than you and I will ever see in our lifetime. Alot of these things you probably would never want to see.

3.) The worst thing you can do after asking a question is to make a statement, but I didn't know that when I was 20 yrs old either. Not trying to play old man on ya but I've been there, done that.

4.) Now you gotta take the crap your being dealt. GOOD LUCK. :cool:

5.) an after thought...If you have never seen the beach at normandy, ask Capt. Ron about it. or some of the other members here. Some of them have seen it first hand. THOUSANDS of young men died in one day to make the world a better place.

Or read up on the Korean War. My father served in the Air Force during that time. And he RARELY talked about it. I'm sure the stuff he saw would turn your stomach many times over. He had the option of a military funeral, but declined it because he said " many more deserving men then myself gave so much more than I." I think he felt he wasen't worthy. I disagree. After being gone now for 20 yrs, I still wonder what all he saw...

Last edited:
red91inWA said:
5.) an after thought...If you have never seen the beach at normandy, ask Capt. Ron about it. or some of the other members here. Some of them have seen it first hand. THOUSANDS of young men died in one day to make the world a better place.
The beaches at Normandy look a lot like the beaches on Cape Cod. Yeah, there are chunks of concrete and some ugly barbed wire here and there, but that's rusting away. You can't see the machine gun emplacements from the beaches, you have to climb up on the high ground to see those. But they're empty now -- no guns, so you have to use your imagination. The beaches at Normandy are mostly sand and dune grass.

What will get your attention is visiting the beaches. Even one of them, although there were several involved. We Americans were responsible for two, the Brits had a third, and the Canadians took the fourth. Visit the beach or beaches, stand there in the quiet listening to the wind blow, and try to imagine how it must have been with LSTs pouring men onto the beaches, and German gunners pouring machine gun fire onto the men, who had no cover because there wasn't anywhere to hide except behind the bodies of the guys who went ashore before you.

You can't possibly imagine it.

So after you've visited the beaches, go to the cemetaries. Look at the rows upon rows upon rows of identical white crosses and stars, and realize that every one of those crosses or stars represents a young man who died on those beaches so that other people could live in freedom. You can't count those crosses ... it would take more time than you can spare, and by the time you got a quarter of the way through one cemetary you'd lose track and have to start over anyway.

One of those graves belongs to General Patton. I stood at his grave, and I had to walk back to the bus away from the others in my group because I didn't want my girlfriend to see me crying (it isn't cool, ya know?). I was there many years after having left Vietnam, and all I could think about as I stood at that General's grave was whether or not he would have judged that I had served honorably.

Patton didn't agree with the politics that generated his orders, but he followed his orders because he was a soldier. So are the troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. Don't make them suffer because you don't agree with the politicians in Washington. The soldier doesn't have a choice. He goes where he's told to go, and he fights who he's told to fight. And he does it, as noted in the quote of George Orwell, so that you can sleep safely in your bed at night. Be thankful that someone is willing to do that for you.

http://www.abmc.gov/no.htm

http://www.it-c.dk/people/kom/MP/cemetary.php

Last edited:
Patton didn't agree with the politics that generated his orders, but he followed his orders because he was a soldier. So are the troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. Don't make them suffer because you don't agree with the politicians in Washington. The soldier doesn't have a choice. He goes where he's told to go, and he fights who he's told to fight. And he does it, as noted in the quote of George Orwell, so that you can sleep safely in your bed at night. Be thankful that someone is willing to do that for you.

Well said.

damn fergie!! yer gettin me all teary-eyed... not very often it gets put into perspective for those who dont get it.. but back to the "ribbons" for a minute.. i really wonder if any actual organizations are selling them to actually benefit any military support organizations?? although i totally support our troops in EVERYTHING they do, i am also able to make my own decisions about the reasons we send them out... i have actually likened the ribbons to the "flag craze" back in september of 2001.... everyone had one... and every store that sold them was getting top $$ for them... if they were actually made in the US by a small business owner i might buy them but i expect most of the ribbons and flags are mass produced in mexico or indonesia...

word of advice to Z22.. ask your questions.. hear the answers.. back up your comments... take your lumps without trying to get the last word.... and congrats on the Eagle Scout achievement, something to be proud of.. but a bit anti-climactic when its saved for the end of the arguement...

Last edited:
Z22_Z33 said:
Sorry for jacking the post, but what do people mean when they say that they support the troops, like in what way? How? ...
A simple thing.

The 5-20 Infantry, 3-2 Styker Brigade Combat Teams, A, B & C Companies, among others, are returning from deployment to Ft. Lewis Washington (an hour or so from you) the first full weekend in November, after a year long tour of duty in Iraq.

(This is public knowledge, and does not violate OPSEC)

I'll be there to thank them in person for the risks they took in Mosul, Tall Afar, the Sryian Border, Samarra, and a host of other places you'll never read or hear about.

I don't think it's nessesary to personally thank any of these guys if you don't know them, but a cheer at the return ceremony would be a gracious way to say thanks, and that is supporting troops in a way that makes an immediate and direct impact to alot of these guys, a majority of which are your age.

Eagle said:
The beaches at Normandy look a lot like the beaches on Cape Cod. Yeah, there are chunks of concrete and some ugly barbed wire here and there, but that's rusting away. You can't see the machine gun emplacements from the beaches, you have to climb up on the high ground to see those. But they're empty now -- no guns, so you have to use your imagination. The beaches at Normandy are mostly sand and dune grass....
I approached the area on a dinghy from about a mile out. The cliffs are damn imposing viewed from the water. Something I've noticed though, it seems like the Pacific beach invasion sites, especially Saipan, Tarawa, Angour and Peleliu, seem alot less hospitable than Italy, North Africa and Europe for some reason.

On topic, young, college, and education does not necessarily translate into common sense, common decency, respect for others and balanced rational thinking. Something lost after kindergarten for some folks...

--ron

Coperhead.... I thought about the painting today when I was at work... I am going to do my jeep but not my wife's car. We might be selling it soon and getting me an MJ and letting her drive the XJ.

As for supporting the troops... doesnt matter what they get involved in.... ther are under orders..... I will always Support them as I was supported when I served. I'm a Vet and I appreciate other Vets stepping in and voicing their support for the Troops too....

I'm a Patriot thru and thru.... even with rheumatiod arthritis setting in, I wouldnt hesitate to go to war at the calling.

Last edited:
Captain Ron said:
A simple thing.

On topic, young, college, and education does not necessarily translate into common sense, common decency, respect for others and balanced rational thinking. Something lost after kindergarten for some folks...

--ron

I think that comes after we have made most of our major mistakes. Then again I have been told we'll always continue to make our mistakes. It appears as if I just made one here in this post not to long ago. Now just if I could remember what is was.

Thank you for the congrats sidriptide. But I am curious to what jeepguy97 was saying. So what I and others have accomplished means nothing, or were you using that for some other reason I do not know of?

I never meant to be climatic or anything I wanted answers was all. What red91 said basicly sums things right up.

Z22_Z33 said:
Thank you for the congrats sidriptide. But I am curious to what jeepguy97 was saying. So what I and others have accomplished means nothing, or were you using that for some other reason I do not know of?

I never meant to be climatic or anything I wanted answers was all. What red91 said basicly sums things right up.
I don't think the point was that Eagle Scout means nothing. On the other hand, compared to risking your life in an inhospitable foreign country so that someone else's kid can try for Eagle Scout, it sort of looks a bit smaller in comparison.

More to the point, in your initial post (in fact, the first two or three in this thread) you made reference to some UNIDENTIFIED achievement as a justification for making statements that could be interpreted as dissing our service personnel. It took several people asking to finally drag out of you what the achievment was. When people resort to making UNDOCUMENTED AND UNPROVEN brags, it tends to make other people take everything they say as BS. In a discussion, your points should be supported by facts relevent to the discussion, not by unrelated brags.

I think that was the point.

Culinary_Hooligan said:
red91inWA said:
Things to consider...

Not trying to play old man on ya but I've been there, done that. /QUOTE]

but did ya get the T-shirt... thats the question....

srry, just had to thow in my smart ass comment of the day....

yeah i did. It says " I'm so far over the hill I cant see it anymore" SMARTASS!! ;)

Your smart comment quota has been reduced to 2 a day.

Eagle said:
The beaches at Normandy look a lot like the beaches on Cape Cod. Yeah, there are chunks of concrete and some ugly barbed wire here and there, but that's rusting away. You can't see the machine gun emplacements from the beaches, you have to climb up on the high ground to see those. But they're empty now -- no guns, so you have to use your imagination. The beaches at Normandy are mostly sand and dune grass.
I took a class trip to France when I was a junior in high school. I took 9 rolls of film in 9 days. 1 and a half of those rolls came just from the beaches and cliffs of Normandy. The craters from the naval guns and artillery pounding the cliffs above made it look like a miniature version of the rolling hills of Ireland. The grass had since regrown. To help visitors get a better feeling for what it was like (although unless you were there you could never know) they have replaced the constantina wire. All the bunkers are still there, complete with gunslits for those machine guns which have long been removed. We actually visited on the anniversary of D-Day, June 6th. There were a lot of WWII military vehicles, some restored, some looking every bit as rough as they did when they first saw action. One of the most striking things to me though was the number of American flags flying. It rivaled an American block on the 4th of July. Probably had more flags flying than most American neighborhoods. No matter what people may think of the French government's views and actions, the Normands still remember what we did for them some 60 years ago. I scooped up a little sand from the beach in a film canister, but airport security confiscated it...It was definitely an experience I won't forget though to be there and see the remnants of what those men had to go through. I think we saw Omaha Beach. If any of you has the chance to go there, make sure to cimb down into the bunkers and peer through the gunslits, read all the plaques there commemorating the heroism and valor of the men who fought there, go down to the beach and look up at the cliffs. I read of one unit who started with 231 men, lost many of them and picked up the remnants of other units and ended up with 112. 60 of their originals, and the rest were on the spot reinforcements.

Back