• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I drank the kool-aid (project Mall Crawler)

The multiple digit paint code is the code used to order paint from the company. The 3-digit code is the OEM code stamped on the trim tag for paint I.D. purposes.

Ignore the multiple digit codes.

Rustoleum bedliner. My favorite spray on... has the best texture, its durable, won't peel on ya if you prep it right, holds its color well, and is only $7.47 a can at Wal Mart.

And if you read the fine print, "It's easy on your hootus."

You could paint it golden brown and call it Mc Nugget ...

Or just brown, and get a McTurd / McTard combo meal. :looser:

This is kinda what I'm going for, but like half as tall on the same size tires.

DSCF3147.jpg

uuhhh, 1/2 as tall with 36" rubber is going to mean (1) no front fenders, (2) no rear doors, and (3) trim to the rear window... I'm not afraid of a little trimming (33" on 4" lift on a WJ requires some steel removal), but YOU CRAZY MANG!

or I guess you could just bumpstop the shit out of it and limit up travel to, oh, an inch?

Last edited:
uuhhh, 1/2 as tall with 36" rubber is going to mean (1) no front fenders, (2) no rear doors, and (3) trim to the rear window... I'm not afraid of a little trimming (33" on 4" lift on a WJ requires some steel removal), but YOU CRAZY MANG!

or I guess you could just bumpstop the shit out of it and limit up travel to, oh, an inch?

LOL yeah, I'll be making heavy use of bumpstops in this rig. I'm thinking 4.5-5" on 37s. I shouldn't have to cut past the line he did on front, I'll have to get creative with the rear wheel wells but I think I have a pretty good plan to make it turn out looking nice.

Also, I've decided on running 37s instead of 35s. Gonna take more clearancing work than I want to do, but with the money I'll save going with 37s I'll be able to do other cool shit to it.

Cheap tires that I've had good experience with instead of WAYYY overpriced smaller tires. Do what you want to your Jeep Mike, I'll do what I want to mine.

you can get NEW great 35" tires for no more than 700 OTD. plus you arent limiting yourself to a 16.5 rim. you can go 17 or 15, even 16 if you want. 15 being the cheapest.
im trying to help you save money and make a wiser decision. and lets all be real here:
Paint (gonna go with the color Mike used on his XJ).
youre gonna copy me anyway ..!..:D..!..

LOL!!!! When have YOU ever run HHMMVVWLMNOP tires on an XJ/ZJ????

Hard compound, HEAVY GVWR rating..... they ain't gonna ride or flex well......

shhhhh
he knows everything and we're dumb, his friend that custom built his off the shelf buggy ran them and drove on the moon with em and they wheeled great at 60psi and balanced with only hopes and dreams, no weight!

!!!1

you can get NEW great 35" tires for no more than 700 OTD. plus you arent limiting yourself to a 16.5 rim. you can go 17 or 15, even 16 if you want. 15 being the cheapest.
im trying to help you save money and make a wiser decision. and lets all be real here:

youre gonna copy me anyway ..!..:D..!..

The newer ones are 17s
And I'm painting it gunmetal, which I thought you did cause that pic you posted looked like it but apparently its just dark grey. So no, I'm not copying you.

I haven't run em on anything as light as a ZJ, but I've had em on a couple trucks (yes, I know its different on a vehicle that weighs half what my trucks did). I know 2 guys that run them on their rigs, one's a street driven XJ and one's a buggy, and they don't have any complaints.

I WANT to run MTRs. But that ain't in the budget.
I realize they aren't the best tires. But they're cheap. They'll let me get my rig set up for the tire size I want as far as what to cut where and where to bumpstop it, while being able to drive on the road and run some trails, and still be able to afford to eat. Then later on when funds allow I can buy the MTRs I want.

35" mtr kevlars...660 OTD.....
and i said in the pic its grey, its actually a metallic graphite (almost gunmetal)
but do it. cant wait to watch

and i didnt say you could let go of my pocket

I just spent 10 min. googling HMMWV tires being used off road......

The only thing good I found posted about them was that they were cheap.

No one liked 'em off road.
No one liked 'em on road unless they were aired down to 20 psi and at that they were "squirrely" on the road.
Many complained about the weight of 'em (10 plies??? :eek:)
Many complained about very early onset of dry-rot

I didn't find anyone having mounted them on anything less than a 1/2 ton truck.

The guy that ClarkPeach got his rig from had those HMMWV tires and custom Hummer bead locks..... he went to sell the set of 7 tires and 4 wheels and it took FOREVER to sell 'em.

I'd call that fairly good reason to believe they're not a good choice..... they certainly aren't one of those "best kept secrets" for tire awesomeness......

Back