• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DIY Weld In Fender Flares

DirtySouthXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I've seen a few DIY weld in fender flare vids on youtube, anyone here do them? I'm not a fan of bolt on flares, trim, vinyl tops etc. Basically anything that can trap water, I've found that these bolt/stick/clip add ons are the cause of destruction of many classic vehicles that otherwise would have been in great shape. Everytime the vehicle gets wet (weather, washing, condensation etc.) the probability goes up to develop rot behind these items. If you've done weld in flares, post them up! Or if you have any tips/tricks I'd love to hear them. Thank you!

Take a look in this thread. Around posts #25-28 there are some pics of him making the rears.

There may have been pics from of the fronts, but some of his early pics are missing.

Edit to add link: Evan03's Build Thread

Last edited:
Take a look in this thread. Around posts #25-28 there are some pics of him making the rears.

There may have been pics from of the fronts, but some of his early pics are missing.
what thread are you referring to?

LINK? 😁

Back