• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I drank the kool-aid (project Mall Crawler)

I bought some "fancy projector beams" with halo's for my Mom's F-250. Light output sucked and one of the halos burnt out in a week. I don't recommend them unless you can be sure that they are high quality.

not to hijack but these are the lights - I thought they were "totally sick bro!!!" and then I drove at night....

IMG_0043.jpg

If they are getting good reviews go for it I guess, it's your money you know - do with it what you want. Just sharing my experience.

I like those headlights a lot... nice pick up Mason!

Thanks!
Yeah those projectors look pretty damn sexy... its a shame they don't work.

Well thats lame.. What are you spraying the jeep with??? How much was it? I like the look... might do my lower doors and quarter panels like that.

Rustoleum bedliner. My favorite spray on... has the best texture, its durable, won't peel on ya if you prep it right, holds its color well, and is only $7.47 a can at Wal Mart. I covered that grill REALLY thick (seeing as its gonna get sandblasted by the elements) and I've still got enough left in that can to do the front bumper and one of the sides, maybe more.

IMG_1213.jpg

Here's the texture once it dries. Best I could get with my phone, I really gotta get a real camera lol.

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

I like that a lot. I will have to get to Wal-Mart. Thanks dude.

Yup :thumbup:
The bumpers, side trim mirrors, and antennae base thing are all gonna get coated probably tomorrow, I'll post up pics when that's done.

If you see any gunmetal color rattle cans, lemme know lol.

cripes, Forrest, ya had to be like Yella, me and jimgrms, huh?:dunce:
He desperately wants to be one of the cool kids. :D

Gawd....... he's had it less than a day and he's already started "Project Avocado Skin"....... :puke: :D

Yeah, I've looked briefly at those projector headlights........ the black ones. But they still just scream hooptie a bit too much. There's a guy with a well built ZJ over on NAGCA that installed 'em...... I'm just on the fence mostly because I don't like thinking of smashing $250 worth of headlights in an accident or road stone damage.

More than likely, I'll just go with the OEM size/shape H4's....... after this winter's harshness is over.

Well, looks like Mason has something to stay busy with. :thumbup:

Mason, find out what your paint code is........ I'm fairly certain I've seen that color ZJ in a couple yards last weekend.

Gawd....... he's had it less than a day and he's already started "Project Avocado Skin"....... :puke: :D

Yeah, I've looked briefly at those projector headlights........ the black ones. But they still just scream hooptie a bit too much. There's a guy with a well built ZJ over on NAGCA that installed 'em...... I'm just on the fence mostly because I don't like thinking of smashing $250 worth of headlights in an accident or road stone damage.

More than likely, I'll just go with the OEM size/shape H4's....... after this winter's harshness is over.

Well, looks like Mason has something to stay busy with. :thumbup:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
If I keep it green, I'm gonna have to name it The Avocado.

Yeah, good point about those lights. But they look sooooo nice lol.

Mason, find out what your paint code is........ I'm fairly certain I've seen that color ZJ in a couple yards last weekend.

Where might I find that? I just went checked the door jamb, and every sticker I found under the hood, and the metal plate on the driver side of the engine bay, and I couldn't figure out which set of numbers/letters was the color code...

Where might I find that? I just went checked the door jamb, and every sticker I found under the hood, and the metal plate on the driver side of the engine bay, and I couldn't figure out which set of numbers/letters was the color code...

Freakin' google it McTard........ :rolleyes:

Got it, its the metal plate on the drivers side above the headlight.

EDIT: ya had to wait till after I googled it to give me a link? lol

Back