• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hollister Hills Run Feb 28-29

Letterman said:
Oh sh!t DJ in his fly'in XJ! Now I know this is going to be a great run!
Also anyone else comming from the Bay Area we hook up at a place in San Jose called Happy Days and drive down to hollister together. 8:30am too early?
Adress is:
Happy Dayz Diner
2638 Union Ave
San Jose Ca. 95124

Thanks I read the post but it don't sink in some times! 10:00 at the obstacle course it is!
How about CB channel 21?

SAME HERE! Well I think I would have to get winched up the trail!

Animated gif of Jess on the frist hill

Animated gif of Jess on the next hill

and Jess makes it look eazy here is the TJ on 37's behind him on the same hill :shocked:

Coll pics. That TJ looks like it was a fun trip all the way up.

Channel 21 sounds just fine.

Happy Daze diner at 8:30 sounds OK to me. Is it close to the freeway? I'll check mapquest for the details.

Bryan

Yeah he bent his rim as he bounced off that one side!!!

FaridRim.jpg

next he shot up and out and I got this one:

JKScreen800.jpg

Yeah 3 wheels in the air!! :eek: He did some other damage on the landing too but I won't get in to it this is :NAXJA: not another fu©king TJ board! (n) :laugh2:

I will take better photos of XJ's on the 28th at Hollister!

Last edited:
I'll be there. Are you going to be having breakfast there? I may show up a little early and get a bite to eat before leaving for the park.

Bryan

i'll meet you at happy days.

do you guys hang out with some tj's that meet there every wednesday?

Kernel said:
i'll meet you at happy days.

do you guys hang out with some tj's that meet there every wednesday?
Yeah we went there on Wednesday nights alot last year, even Jess would drive down from SF to go! We are just starting to go there again, but only 4 rig's show up last Wednesday night. I think it is still too cold for some to come out, but all 4x4's are welcome to show up, show off, get info or even some sell/trade stuff.

Back on topic, Happy Dayz will NOT be open for food at 8:30am, it is just a place to meet up for the drive down to the park and if your comming from the east bay it may be a little out of your way. I am thinking we will leave around 8:40am so try to get there early or at least on time.

i should have shown up. buddy kept on telling me about it on his way home from work but i had softball at twin creeks wednesday nights.

do you live around there? i'm behind knob hill on campbell ave.

TJs Allowed?

On the base I work on there are quite a few XJs so I posted the details about this run on a bulletin board on Wednesday with a link to NAXJA. Today got a call from a petty officer inquiring if she & her husband could bring their TJ Rubicon? I told her I would check. Is it allowed? Would they be welcomed? I won't be there for the run as I have a 3yo B-day to attend in SF at 1PM, thought about the breakfast meet-n-greet though. Please let me know so I can inform her, thanks.
Tom

Bryan, PM'd about an hour ago.

So much for the breakfast idea. I will have to stop somewhere on the way out to San Jose. The diner is not too far out of the way for me.

I may try to show up on a Wednesday night, but I plat hockey on Wednesday nights, so it may be tough to get out there.

Tom, go ahead and invite the couple along. I guess we can make the exception this one time. :D PM'd ya back.

Bryan

Letterman said:
Yeah we went there on Wednesday nights alot last year, even Jess would drive down from SF to go! We are just starting to go there again, but only 4 rig's show up last Wednesday night. I think it is still too cold for some to come out, but all 4x4's are welcome to show up, show off, get info or even some sell/trade stuff.

Dave, I was doing a little surfing and found this thread on the Bay Area 4X4 forums....
http://www.bayarea4x4.com/forums/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=870;start=0

I'm not sure I want to hang out with you guys on Wednesday nights ........ :rof:

That is some damn funny sh@t.

Hollister should be fun, although I am keeping a close eye on you. BTW What type of beer do you drink? I'll try to bring enough for a few rounds at the end of the day.

Bryan

Last edited:
Bryan C. said:
Dave, I was doing a little surfing and found this thread on the Bay Area 4X4 forums....
http://www.bayarea4x4.com/forums/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=870;start=0

I'm not sure I want to hang out with you guys on Wednesday nights ........ :rof:

That is some damn funny sh@t.

Hollister should be fun, although I am keeping a close eye on you. BTW What type of beer do you drink? I'll try to bring enough for a few rounds at the end of the day.

Bryan
Yeah we are a bunch of crazy's! That is just in the public area of that board, you really don't want to see what the other photos are of!

But it is all in good fun, I will be at Happy Days at 6:00pm again tonight but just for a hour or two. Not the best place in the cold and rain! Once the summer comes it will be a better place to hang out. Last week we installed a Winch on a TJ in the parking lot.

I am a Bud man, frog beer all the way! Wise - - - ERrrrrrr I will have a few cold ones with me for sure!!

MeAvitar.jpg

i think i might just have to stop by after work. i hope i don't need any protection.

I was just wondering if most people are going to be at the park for much of Sunday too? Is the Carnegie SVRA park challenging? I was thinking of going to the Carnegie park on my way back to Sac on Sunday. Is anyone else doing this? Are alot of you guys staying over Saturday night at the Best Western in Hollister? Maybe we can find some trouble to get into. Is Hollister sleepy little town or do they have a movie theatre, restaurants, etc.? I'm leaving Sac around 6:30 and heading straight to Hollister Hills with my wife. See you guys tomorrow. I'm going to be in the big silver 2 door xj with the roof rack.

steinjeep said:
I was just wondering if most people are going to be at the park for much of Sunday too?
I can't I only get one day out this weekend!

steinjeep said:
Is the Carnegie SVRA park challenging? I was thinking of going to the Carnegie park on my way back to Sac on Sunday. Is anyone else doing this?
NO, Carnegie SVRA is almost nothing for a 4x4! It is good if your on a bike, but it is a flat creek, and it has a very small 4x4 play area that sucks! (but I have not been there in 8 months)

Frank Raines Park would be better but I don't know if it is totaly open yet, after the fire they had.

steinjeep said:
Are alot of you guys staying over Saturday night at the Best Western in Hollister? Maybe we can find some trouble to get into. Is Hollister sleepy little town or do they have a movie theatre, restaurants, etc.?
Hollister has 3 bars, some good places to eat, but I will have to be back home (San Jose) by 8pm, I will leave when the park closes at sunset.

steinjeep said:
I'm leaving Sac around 6:30 and heading straight to Hollister Hills with my wife. See you guys tomorrow. I'm going to be in the big silver 2 door xj with the roof rack.
See ya tomorrow!

Dave pretty well summed it all up. I won't be staying overnight, but I most likely will be having dinner in Hollister before leaving, so maybe we can go find somewhere to eat and have a few drinks too. Canegie does indeed suck for 4x4's, they are resticted to the valley floor only. :( Last I checked, Frank Raines was only about half open, maybe later in the summer they will open all the way up.

For everyone that hasn't been to Hollister, you need to check in at the main office, then drive further up the road to the 4x4 area gate. Be sure to get a map at the park office too. We will be meeting at the obstacle couse at 10:00, but think I will be there around 9:30. They have air for tires at the main park office, but not in the 4x4 area itself.

If anyone needs to get ahold of me, you can call me on my cell phone at . Cell phone coverage once at the park is spotty, so you can also get ahold of me on CB channel 21, or on FRS channel 1. I will be monitoring both channels for those who may be late.

Be sure to bring your CB and FRS radios, and don't forget the cameras too.

Also the park will be pretty muddy after the big storm we just had, so you may want to bring extra shoes and such.

Hope to see you all there, this should be a good trip.

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a sabercats game at 7:30. so i'll be leaving around 5:30..... might take a couple of hours to get home after wheeling.

I think we'll just play it by ear. I don't really know Hollister that well, so it may just be one of those "Hey this place looks good" type of things. I will, however, have an open seat if you are interested in coming along. I am more than happy to have you along. I suspect we will spend a fair amount of time just getting to know each other before actually hitting the trails.

Bryan

Back