• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hollister Hills Run Feb 28-29

The date is still set for Feb 28-29. Unfortunately the date was picked without any real input from the people interested in going. I think the date at this point should stand, but I am willing to organize another Hollister run on a mutally agreeable date later on for those unable to attend the run on Feb 28-29. Might be a smaller group, but Hollister is always a fun place to go and explore. PM me with a date if you are interested and I will post another thread for that run. I am always willing to hang out there for a day, I live about 1 hour from the park.

Bryan

Troy or anyone heading from Sacto area, if I can't make it I got a package for ChuckD. Think you could get it there assuming we don't work something else out first?

cool! i'll start putting the tools back in and maybe get a winch mount made instead of ripping my rocker apart.

ChuckD said:
Rob will get with you, he said he'll be by next week. That still works well for me.

Okee dokee :D

The run is basically on Feb 28th. Some members that have a long drive may camp overnite on the 28th so this is why I posted both dates. I may stay overnite myself, but I am not sure just yet. I think the ones who stay overnite may play around for a few hours before leaving on the 29th.

Anyone intersested in a BBQ or potluck on the evening of the 28th?

Bryan

I'll plan on being their on the 28th with my wife. It looks like we'll have a good group. We really have to plan another Bowman Lake trail trip soon before all the snow melts. There was over 4 feet of snow last weekend when I went up there with Phil Weeks and my brother-in-law, but 1st things 1st we have a good Hollister trip to look forward to. Are their lots of hotels out in that area. My wife and I don't have all the camping supplies yet and she is not used to camping out quite yet. She'll have to learn quick for the Rubicon trip this summer though :)

There are a few hotels in the area. I am gong to a little checking into which one is closest. The town of Hollister is pretty small so any hotel would be close to the park. I don't have any camping gear so I may just rough it and stay in a hotel myself. I do know there is a hotel just as you come into town on highway 25. Not sure of the name. I'll post the info soon.

Bryan

The hotel I was referring to is:

Best Western
San Benito Inn
660 San Felipe Road, Hollister, California, United States, 95023
Phone: 831-637-9248 Fax: 831-637-4584

Rates appear to be around $50 a night according to the Best Western website. Please call for reservations and actual room rates. The hotel is 10-15 minutes away from the park. It looks fairly new and has a pool too.

Bryan

I should be there, the boss/wife gave me the day to play.
I get to Hollister at least once a month so look for my F'ed up XJ!
Photo4337.jpg

Photo4383.jpg

So is there a time and a place to meet up? (Ranger station, School house, Obsticle corse?)
Or a CB channel to be on?

Letterman said:
I should be there, the boss/wife gave me the day to play.
I get to Hollister at least once a month so look for my F'ed up XJ!
:rolleyes:
Dave is really a TJ guy just posin' to hang out with the cool cats. :D :D
Here's his real ride...
47b3d703b3127cce8e8c282a891d0000001610

Jes

Oh Sh!T yeah thanks Jess that was me floped in my TJ!

Heres a better shot Just of me on my side for you
MyfingerFlop.jpg

I will bring XJ! My nice ride! I would not show up in a TJ to a NAXJA RUN!

So your going RIGHT JESS! You can run Tank Traps again!

47b3d729b3127cce8e470dd3cc570000001610

47b3d729b3127cce8e4e38662d1e0000001610

i would so go with you guys but since im ini so-cal.... :mad: i cant go with you guys.... :rattle:
but ya... run Rutt, bitch, white rock, (tank trap if some are up for it) for me ok. . . lol

Letterman said:
So is there a time and a place to meet up? (Ranger station, School house, Obsticle corse?)
Or a CB channel to be on?

From the first post. Not sure if you saw it.

Bryan C. said:
Last year, most people met at Jerry's restaurant in Hollister at around 8:30, sounds OK to me for this year. Then we'll meet at the obstacle course area at 10:00 for those coming later in the morning. We'll decide what trails to run once those who are camping get a chance to set up camp.

Bryan

I will be at Hollister Hills fairly early, closer to 9:00, but the official meet time is 10:00 at the obstacle course. No official CB channel yet, pick one and we'll use it.

Jes, too bad you couldn't make it, I was hoping to get someone to run Tank Traps. :D I'm way too much of a poser to run it myself.

Bryan

Even if I went you wouldn't see me on Tank Traps. The only way I'll run it is if it's dry, don't want to deal with the mud pits.
You guys have fun, Dave knows where all the good stuff is.

Jes

DjXj said:
Yo, I'm in!!
Oh sh!t DJ in his fly'in XJ! Now I know this is going to be a great run!
Also anyone else comming from the Bay Area we hook up at a place in San Jose called Happy Days and drive down to hollister together. 8:30am too early?
Adress is:
Happy Dayz Diner
2638 Union Ave
San Jose Ca. 95124

Bryan said:
I will be at Hollister Hills fairly early, closer to 9:00, but the official meet time is 10:00 at the obstacle course. No official CB channel yet, pick one and we'll use it.
Thanks I read the post but it don't sink in some times! 10:00 at the obstacle course it is!
How about CB channel 21?

Bryan said:
I'm way too much of a poser to run it myself.
SAME HERE! Well I think I would have to get winched up the trail!

Animated gif of Jess on the frist hill

Animated gif of Jess on the next hill

and Jess makes it look eazy here is the TJ on 37's behind him on the same hill :shocked:

Back