• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RenoFest 2020 - Official Thread

I might not make this trip. I’ve had to change head gaskets on my truck, it now won’t start, and the Jeep has a antifreeze leak from the transmission that’s probably going to put the Jeep down long enough to miss the prison hill day.

Oh and I had to replace my lock rite. Thanks to summit for doing a return/new purchase and getting me on my way in under an hour with one phone call.

39.3242, -119.7869
Here is the GPS location of the new plan. I have confirmed with washoe lake state park that is area is blm land. Gordo checked it out last week and looks like it will work great.

I am working on making this. i would be 1 person in a tent as of now.

Hello all, as of today here's the final list I have of everyone going. For those who I do not have an email on file, please check your PM inbox and notes below and send me your email address for an invoice for shirts and camping. I will invoice for camping once we have confirmation all is still a go at Davis Creek, otherwise we're investigating a plan B and C for alternate locations. Shirts will be ordered this Wednesday, I do not expect many extra ones if you haven't put in an order listed below!

Please let me know ASAP if there's any changes to your details below and let me know if you have any other questions.

Looking forward to seeing you all up there!

The final list:
cj_mike: 1 camp spot, 3 shirts, 2 dinners – Shirts paid
Nates2000XJ: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner – Shirts paid
Goose_XJ88: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 2 dinners – Shirts paid
Alboy97XJ: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 2 dinners – Shirts invoiced
GordoSmasho: 2 shirts, 4 dinners – Shirts paid
blondejoncherokee: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner – Shirts paid
JeepinSeal: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 1 dinner – Shirts invoiced
89Mock: 1 shirt, TBD Dinner – Need email address to send invoice, please PM me
Skipper51: 1 camp spot, 1 long sleeve shirt, 1 dinner – Shirts paid
Jeepin1992: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner – Shirts paid
Phil: TBD? Please PM me details and your email address if you’ll be coming
sdspearo: 1 shirt, will have own RV spot, dinner TBD – Shirts paid
RichardXJ: 1 shirt, 1 camp spot, 2 adults for dinner (kids free) – Need email address to send invoice, please PM me
87matchief: 2 shirts, 1 camp spot, 1 dinner – Shirts paid
Chip_Clip: TBD? Please PM me details and your email address if you’ll be coming
OnTheRocks: 3 shirts, 3 dinners, 1 camp spot – Shirts invoiced
Beastmansam: 2 shirts, 2 dinners, 1 camp spot – Shirts paid
Noknowncure: 2 shirts, 2 dinners, 1 camp spot – Shirts paid
12bravo: 1 shirt, 1 dinner, 1 camp spot – Please PM me your email address

I just got the days off approved. Unfortunately no Jeep with me this year, but I’ll still be there.

ill be there

Davis creek is closed and we are camping on blm land at this location

39.3242, -119.7869

We are working on providing toilets

Pricing:
Camping:
$30 for the full weekend to cover cost of us getting toilets brought in and dinner on one night either sat or sunday

I am working on making this. i would be 1 person in a tent as of now.

Cool! I'll add you in and send you an invoice for the camping and dinner portion. We're ordering a couple extra shirts if you'd like one too, at this point I'd say bring cash to the event for the shirt.

Hello All,

As another update - thank you Gordo for arranging for two portapotties + handwashing stations!! They are now confirmed and reserved for pickup for the weekend!

As mentioned above, I'll now send out invoices for the camping/dinner total of $30 for each camping. For those who are NOT camping, I will not invoice you for dinner - please bring $10 cash for dinner.

The final list - I will edit/update as invoices are paid:

cj_mike: 3 shirts – Shirts paid
Nates2000XJ: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner – Fully Paid
Goose_XJ88: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 2 dinners – Fully Paid
Alboy97XJ: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 2 dinners – Fully Paid
GordoSmasho: 2 shirts, 4 dinners – Shirts Paid – Fully Paid
blondejoncherokee: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner – Fully Paid
JeepinSeal: 1 camp spot, 2 shirts, 1 dinner – Shirts paid, camping/dinner invoiced
89Mock: 1 shirt – Fully Paid, dinner please bring $10 cash
Skipper51: 1 camp spot, 1 long sleeve shirt, 1 dinner – Fully Paid
Jeepin1992: 1 camp spot, 1 shirt, 1 dinner – Fully Paid
Phil: TBD? Please PM me details and your email address if you’ll be coming
sdspearo: 1 shirt, 1 camp spot – Fully Paid
RichardXJ: 1 shirt, 1 camp spot, 2 adults for dinner (kids free) – Need email address to send invoice, please PM me
87matchief: 2 shirts, 1 camp spot, 1 dinner – Shirts paid, camping/dinner invoiced
Chip_Clip: camping/dinner invoiced
OnTheRocks: 3 shirts, 3 dinners, 1 camp spot – Shirts invoiced, camping/dinner invoiced
Beastmansam: 2 shirts, 2 dinners, 1 camp spot – Fully Paid
Noknowncure: 2 shirts, 2 dinners, 1 camp spot – Fully Paid
12bravo: 1 shirt, 1 dinner, 1 camp spot – Camping/dinner paid - shirts still need to pay please.
Pat Wright: 3 shirts, 2 dinners, 1 camp spot – Shirts invoiced, camping/dinner invoiced.
XJensen: 1 camp spot, 1 Dinner - Fully Paid

Last edited:
sdspearo: 1 shirt, will have own RV spot – Shirts paid, please bring $10 cash to dinner – Will you keep your Davis creek reservation or like to come to BLM land too?

The RV spot was cancelled due to shutdown. I'll be joining you guys at the BLM spot...go ahead and invoice me.

just wanted to be clear that the reason they are still charging for camping even on BLM land is because they are paying to get 2 porta potties with sinks brought into camp, along with tables and stuff and the 10$ fee for some sorta pizza dinner somewhere in Nevada.

Good call on reserving bathroom accommodations. That end of town is close to my house (I live by Gordo apparently). I MIGHT make it out to prison hill. Currently doing head gaskets on my truck (passenger side still leaks) and the jeep needs the transmission pulled. It is my only method of transportation currently so it's taking a back seat to the truck. The whole "don't bring a knowingly broke rig" is the main reason. I'm getting by just adding coolant as needed. I just need to get out more and get some experience or learn some trails at Prison hill or Reno/Sparks areas.

Just got invited to do Fordyce with a friend of mine. I'll be heading that way. If there is a way to buy a raffle ticket online I'll send money for one. Also, I assume t shirt pick up is Friday. Unsure what that day will look like for me. I'll probably be loading the jeep to head out Saturday morning. I was looking forward to meeting people here too.

Renofest 2020 trails.
Friday- Prision hill in carson city. Shooting for being at the staging area at 5pm. 39.104895,-119.732110

Saturday- Spanish Springs trails. Can split into groups for a milder trail if people want. Figured Deloris and Buster for trails. Depending on time could hit another trail also. Meeting at Chevron in spanish springs at 9am. 39.638621,-119.711047

Saturday night dinner and raffle- Depending on time we will either do this back at camp or in the 4 wheel parts parking lot. Unless something changes we will be getting pizza ��

Sunday- Knucklebuster. Will be meeting at the mavrick in Minden at 9a.m. 38.958350,-119.778779

When are the majority showing up, Thursday or Friday?
We were planning on Thursday for a full day Friday on the trail like the last few years.
Have things changed?

Reno fest a couple years ago we did a trail out of Spanish Springs that I can't remember the name of. One hill climb was kinda washed out with a sketchy drop off on the drivers side and on part of the trail were cool wind cave formations in the rocks. I think at one point we caught a view of Pyramid Lake off in the distance..what's the name of this trail?

Reno fest a couple years ago we did a trail out of Spanish Springs that I can't remember the name of. One hill climb was kinda washed out with a sketchy drop off on the drivers side and on part of the trail were cool wind cave formations in the rocks. I think at one point we caught a view of Pyramid Lake off in the distance..what's the name of this trail?

Steves Loop. That is way the hell out there .

They were thinking of doing Dolores for the easy run on Saturday.

Back