• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HID Light kit?

I did the H4 housings and built a harness using parts from Daniel Stern. I supplied the wire. 12gauge to the bulbs from the relays. 2 relays, one for low beam, one for high beam. Both operated from the passenger side socket. Relays mounted on the inner fender well. Used 90/100 Narva bulbs, and Hella H4 e code housings.

My XJ had HIDs in the eBay housings. They were bright as hell to look at and would reflect off a sign a mile away, but only lit up about 15' in front of me. Being on a super tight budget at the time, I went back to halogens and some $20 a pair second hand 130 watt procomps. Just returning to stock was much better. Those cheap ass blue light HID kits need to go away.
I apologize to anyone I offended with the previous remarks. I'm sure yours work awesome and all your homies think they are cool too, just like your chrome 20's with da spinners!

Back