• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with this picture (lift question)

lifted00

NAXJA Forum User
This pic is of a members ride posted a long time ago (2 yrs. or more) but can't get ahold of him. He posted it had a 4.5" lift with 33x10.50's. Do the fenders looked trimmed? I was wanting to do the same setup. If he does have a 4.5" lift and 33's his setup looks like it won't rub too much. Especially if I added bumpstops.

jeep1.jpg

I agree, the fenders and flares are stock. However, in the front, as the suspension compresses the tire will move forward into the bumper end cap. The greater the angle of the control arm the more drastic this will be. The rear will “tuck” into the wheel well opening a little better but will move toward the rear and rub there. IMO, 31x10.5 work ideal with 4.5” of lift but it will still rub the front tire against the bumper end cap. 33s with 4.5” lift does “look” nicer, though.

I agree, the fenders and flares are stock. However, in the front, as the suspension compresses the tire will move forward into the bumper end cap. The greater the angle of the control arm the more drastic this will be. The rear will “tuck” into the wheel well opening a little better but will move toward the rear and rub there. IMO, 31x10.5 work ideal with 4.5” of lift but it will still rub the front tire against the bumper end cap. 33s with 4.5” lift does “look” nicer, though.
I do have a rock lizard style bumper which will keep me from rubbing the front endcaps but I see your point for the rear.

Back