• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headliner Help (adhesive)

poorboy_616 said:
I really should get mine done.....

Maybe once I have the wire and stuff for my Sub box and Amp, I will do it....

Seeming as I have to have the trim out anyways, the headliner should pop right out.....

yea what's it being held up there with? the overhead lights and sun visors?

i wish i had seen this thread earlier maybe i could have helped out a bit.. i heard too many stories of the glue not holding so i went one step further.
i took some of the material i was using to the local upholstry shop and had some upholstry buttons made.. 12 buttons cost me like 10 bucks.. once the fabric was glued i then pushed the buttons through the material and headliner .. its been almost 2 yrs now and this stuff has not moved .. that carpet may be kinda heavy so keep the buttons in mind... camo is not everyones cup of tea but .. here is mine if you look close you can see the buttons
IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

mcraindog said:
nice man...thanks for the buttons idea...you really do have to look hard for them...and what kind of rear view mirror is that?

ha i picked that mirror out of a bargin bin at canadain tire.. on sale for 2 bucks.. at the time it matched the woodgrain of the dash ... woodgrain is gone now maybe i should get a cammo mirror

mcraindog said:
yea what's it being held up there with? the overhead lights and sun visors?

that would be the main things that hold them in!!!!

I may pull the HL this afternoon....

It looks as if mine is complelety garbage, the fiberglass is coming apart....(some small chunks are coming off, plus my kids don't help either.....)

Looks like another Boneyard run!!!

Kind of reviving a thread here, but I am lining up to do this when I get the Fabric and time to do it. My headliner is ripped & wearing out in spots. Cant seem to find any Tan interior in any XJs at the yards that have anything worth salvaging so...

Ordered USA made Desert Tan Digital Camo Ripstop / Stain resistant fabric. Military stuff. It should be a good match to the interior BLACK & TAN. The Fabric looks like this:

camouflage3.jpg

I'll post up the progress when I get there.

spray adhesive from JOAN's...the cheapo stuff works better thant eh expensive stuff....just make sure ALL the foam is off and you spray both surfaces...they need to be tacky then Adhere....if you can get something to press them together that helps a lot too.....

xj3.jpg

Back