• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

has anyone ever put their stock (body) XJ on it's side?!?! PART II

I drove my dodge durango under a gravel truck today so I can get instant ackowledgement on the dodge forum tomorrow.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Beezil said:
I drove my dodge durango under a gravel truck today so I can get instant ackowledgement on the dodge forum tomorrow.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Don't forget to label the dents and scratches with a sharpie.

Whenever you post pics of your rig it is more and more beat to hell. Either way I think your hard core, hollister pin stripes or not. :shhh:

Oh and tail lights are for sissys...
:eyes:

What trail is that on?
I was at Hollister today and didnt see the d35/38s :cry: I did get a free Tshirt and stickers. :thumbup:
Sorry, but how many of you were there today(Sun)?

Starboard M said:
What trail is that on?

looks kind of like one of the spots under/below tank trap......maybe. there's spots like that all over Hollister though

I've decided today that I'm done with Hollister for a while, maybe for good. With a modified rig, I feel that the only fun that can be had is if you put yourself in a position where body damage is inevitable. In my opinion, you basically have three choices at Hollister:
1) Bring a stock rig and have a blast.
2) Bring a modified rig and break and/or roll.
3) Bring a lawn chair and watch the idiots in Full Size PU's do donuts in the playground.

Like Denis said, this was one of the un-named creek trails that are all over the place. Not much else to do but try something risky. Otherwise, I may as well keep in two wheel drive and tootle around all day on the dirt roads. Hollister is not worth this kind of damage anymore...

Capt. Nemo said:
I've decided today that I'm done with Hollister for a while, maybe for good. With a modified rig, I feel that the only fun that can be had is if you put yourself in a position where body damage is inevitable. In my opinion, you basically have three choices at Hollister:
3) Bring a lawn chair and watch the idiots in Full Size PU's do donuts in the playground.

Like Denis said, this was one of the un-named creek trails that are all over the place. Not much else to do but try something risky. Otherwise, I may as well keep in two wheel drive and tootle around all day on the dirt roads. Hollister is not worth this kind of damage anymore...
Agh, I hate it when you loss your reply. So yeah. Thats what I did on Sun and had a good time. I came to realize that Hollister is not that hard when it isn't wet.

Capt. Nemo said:

Kinda my feelings on the subject.
My last time there I ran Tank Traps and ended up tearing my mirror off and putting in a bunch of new dents. If I go again it will be in the role of a spectator.

perhaps the best part about HH is its closeness to us in the Bay Area. My bro ('04 Taco set up with Donahoe's and Deavers) and I (XJ 5" RE) use it as a testing ground whenever we make suspension mods or whatnot. Sometimes being a spectator is more fun...like watching some guy in his YJ bust up his driver's side door in the mini-rubicon, because of his idiot spotter or lack there of.

Ouch Eric!

From what I have been told you were on B!tch trail, but the trail goes right about 50 feet back just passed that Tree next to the big hole!

Yeah Hollister will get ya! Gets most!
Here is me in my XJ on the drives side with DJXJ on his pass side back in Febuary down stream from where you dropped it.
picture.JPG

47b4dc08b3127cceb9d72f5e51440000000610

47b4dc08b3127cceb9d72f5bd0710000000610

It is simple to put it over there!

47b3d636b3127cce8c9656df063e0000001610

standard.jpg

The Lexus!!
standard.jpg

The Dude is thinking I so wish I put the cable on my winch!
standard.jpg

the Climb out of the Tank Traps is not always the eazy way
47b3cf29b3127cce81e00064ba310000001610

47b3cf29b3127cce81e03540fa970000001610

Jes in the Traps
47b3d729b3127cce8e471e250d000000001610

And last but not least My dumb ass in my TJ thought I could run the Traps with 33's and only a front locker. Then to top it off I thought I could do it with only 3 fawking wheels!!!

47b4d907b3127cceb2ad48f6d2350000001610

kind of hard when your junk is digg'in in!
47b4d907b3127cceb2ad4b55920f0000001610

Winching out at 11:30 pm on a sunday night is one to not try again
F-gNmzZw5ctWG2RyCCcllz0

Best part about Hollister is there is alway some one to help you feel less of a dumb ass!!
Brand new Rubicon!
47b3d625b3127cce8c45c6f247740000001610

47b3d625b3127cce8c45c6efc6590000001610

Well was new.
Sorry about your rig Eric it will buff right out!

Back