• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gave my Jeep the Orvis treatment (PICS)

urban yan

NAXJA Forum User
GTP Hood Vents + UK XJ Orvis Edition rear spoiler (with LED third brake light)

patriotcomparo.jpg

GTP-02.jpg

GTP-01.jpg

GTP-03.jpg

GTP-04.jpg

spoiler01.jpg

spoiler02.jpg

Last edited:
the only thing I dont like is the marker lights on the side. Everything else looks nice. It looks lime more though went into your hoodvents than mine, I just cut holes and slapped them in

ehall said:
That rear spoiler looks weird and interesting at the same time
lol. I thought the same thing when I first saw this spoiler on a UK Orvis.

bjoehandley said:
I'm digging the spoiler, now the head and tail lights??????????????
The headlights protrude to house the bi-xenon projectors. They may have an odd shape, but the light output is insane. The tail lights take some getting used to, but they beat painting the amber on the stockers. IMO, the translucent red doesn't hold up too well during the winter.

ManBearPig said:
your rig would look good with the euro body kit
I'm not a big fan of bodykits, but I'm curious to see a pic of the kit you mentioned. To my knowledge, they only made a euro kit for pre96 models.

wolfpackjeeper said:
the only thing I dont like is the marker lights on the side. Everything else looks nice. It looks lime more though went into your hoodvents than mine, I just cut holes and slapped them in
The front markers were shaved out of my header panel, and I wanted to keep things legal.

urban yan said:
lol. I thought the same thing when I first saw this spoiler on a UK Orvis.

The headlights protrude to house the bi-xenon projectors. They may have an odd shape, but the light output is insane. The tail lights take some getting used to, but they beat painting the amber on the stockers. IMO, the translucent red doesn't hold up too well during the winter.

I'm not a big fan of bodykits, but I'm curious to see a pic of the kit you mentioned. To my knowledge, they only made a euro kit for pre96 models.

The front markers were shaved out of my header panel, and I wanted to keep things legal.

any hassle from the fuzz on the headlamps?? where to buy in canada?

bcmaxx said:
any hassle from the fuzz on the headlamps?? where to buy in canada?
I bought them at suvlights.com three years ago. The headlights are dot approved, street legal, and they're aimed correctly. Moreso, with so many cars with oem HIDs nowadays, the cops don't care.

bjoehandley said:
How'd you get the spoiler?
A Spanish company called ASD tuning makes Orvis replicas. There was a guy on ebay clearing overstock, so I took a chance.

Last edited:
I dig the vents, the shaved markers(one reason I dislike the 97+), the spoiler(whether it covers the 3rd brakelight or you shaved that as well--it's another thing I can't stand on the 97+), the exhaust tip, and the taillights are better than the stock ones w/ amber(yours smoked out would look good). The headlights are definitely function over form. In my opinion--your's is the nicest 97+ I have seen.
Edit: I angled my screen better so I can now see the 3rd brakelight strip on the spoiler--way better than Jeep's half-@$$ed afterthought.

Last edited:
I am so freakin jealous! That looks very very nice. If my paint wasnt fading and I wasnt building the stroker I would def look into that stuff. Did you look at the rest of the body kit they had available? The fron was iffy but the rest looked nice.

Clean. Not my cup ot tea but clean.

seanyb505 said:
I am so freakin jealous! That looks very very nice. If my paint wasnt fading and I wasnt building the stroker I would def look into that stuff.
lol. don't worry... you'll be putting my Jeep to shame once you finish that stroker..

seanyb505 said:
Did you look at the rest of the body kit they had available? The fron was iffy but the rest looked nice.
Which body kit are you referring to? Is it the one I mentioned on JF (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413392&highlight=pre96)? That's a pre96
kit, so the lines wouldn't match my Jeep, and I'm really not a big bodykit fan. The main reason I added the deflector and vents was because
they were oem issue on the UK Orvis. I'm a bit of an oem-part junkie.

Bent said:
Clean. Not my cup ot tea but clean.
I hear ya, but I'm not finished. I still have a trick or two left up my sleeve for this summer.

Also, I think there's a little confusion regarding my vents and deflector. Those parts were standard issue on the UK Orvis edition... it was a
trim level above the North American Limited. I just used GTP vents instead the 5.9 ZJ vents because I prefer the way they look and, they
were cheaper. Here's some pics of a UK Orvis; look familiar?

orvis-17.jpg

orvis-19.jpg

orvis-21.jpg

Last edited:
Odd. I've seen that rear pic a dozen times and I never noticed the body kit. Still, it's not my style.... the side panels don't flow as well as they could, and unlike the pre96 kit, the rear piece on this one doesn't offer a cutout for the exhaust tip.

Besides I'm planning to go a different direction; stay tuned ;)

Where did you pick up the red/clear tail lights. I am rockin' clears light all around on my 98, except for the amber on the tail, would love to get rid of it.

Back