• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gave my Jeep the Orvis treatment (PICS)

CartsXJ said:
Where did you pick up the red/clear tail lights. I am rockin' clears light all around on my 98, except for the amber on the tail, would love to get rid of it.
I picked them up in ebay over a year ago. haven't them since. I'm looking for another pair to send to my buddy for a LED conversion.

seanyb505 said:
Please fiberglass your own body kit
no bodykit !!!! lol.
I really don't like bodykits.... never did.... especially on Jeeps.

flyingphil said:
Clean, now all you need is a set of 20's and a boomin' stereo dude. Like another dude said, clean and verry urbain, but just not my cup-o-tea.
Phil :canada:
Not all of us are lucky enough to run a lift and yo sammity sam mud flaps.
Regretfully, I have to settle for some other not-so boomin' stuff

Like my not-so "boomin" cryo treated 300mm 2 piston caliper/ rear disc brakes
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=940044&highlight=300mm

My not-so "boomin" REAL bi-xenon projectors, HID projector foglights
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=940046

My not-so "boomin" engine upgrade list
- Magnum aFe® Stage 2 Intake System
- 62mm Throttle Body/63mm 3/8" TB Spacer
- Mopar Transmission Oil Cooler
- BANKS TorqueTubes® header/ 2000°F Hot Jet Coated
- Magnaflow 2.5" Polished Muffler/ Cat/ Double Wall Tip
- Dodge Dakota Rebuilt 140+amp alternator

My not-so "boomin" stereo
stereo.jpg

My old not-so "boomin" 18s (now sold)
XJ.gif

So... thanks for the comments eh!!!

Last edited:
I like the 18's better and the brake set-up(I just re-read your brake link and remember the pics with the cobra rims). I already have the ZJ rear discs but, someday I'll upgrade the front calipers to dual pistons w/ a nice set of pads and slotted rotors(I gotta make it go faster first, then justify the cost of making it stop sooner).

Very nice looking Jeep. I don't think I have ever seen a cleaner one. I enjoy seeing people do different things with the XJ other than lift and tires... The rims look really good on there too. I like the spoiler a lot, I will have to look for one for mine...

I noticed your rig awhile back, the bug eyes made me curious. I just checked your other threads too. Man, I'm jealous. Definitely the cleanest XJ I've seen. Look's amazing inside and out. haha, what's your secret to keeping it so clean (it even has 4wd, so you're not forced to stay on the road)?
NAXJA should have a vote for "Most _________ XJ" every year or so. If they did, I'd be willin to bet you'd win "Cleanest". And I don't just mean clean as in a lack of dirt, I mean well built. . . ect.
Keep it goin

I appreciate the compliments, but I'm not done yet lol. I like to keep an overall oem feel, and some of my previous upgrades bug hell out of me.
  • I plan on scrapping that exhaust tip in favor of the original slant pipe when I have some extra loot for a new mandrel bent 2.5 pipe (the idiots at the muffler shop installed my 2.5" muffler/ cat, but they didn't replace the stock pipe).
  • I want to do something that will bring less attention to those side markers.
  • I'm in the process of collecting parts to replace my Alpine head unit with an oem RB1 Nav unit, so if anyone has some leads on an RB1 (on the cheap).. drop me a line.
  • Lastly, I have a replacement for my 18s almost ready to go... and NO.. they're not 20s. I HATE 20s.

18's are the tallest I'd run and 45/50 series the lowest I'd go on the XJ. Maybe in the future I'll get 17's and have a tire height of 29"(current are 255/60/15--27.1" Yokos), but the combo will have to be the same weight or less than my current set-up. I would then have to lose the 3.55s and upgrade to 4.10s.

Personally, I think using low profile tires on XJs is a crime (they defeat the point of owning a Jeep). I like to keep things in the 55/60 range It's a good compromise; you see that profile on quite a few modern SUVs.

Also, 4.10s might be a little steep for stock sized wheels.... especially when you hit the highway. Something to think about considering you're running a smaller-than-stock tire.

urban yan said:
Not all of us are lucky enough to run a lift and yo sammity sam mud flaps.
Regretfully, I have to settle for some other not-so boomin' stuff

Like my not-so "boomin" cryo treated 300mm 2 piston caliper/ rear disc brakes
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=940044&highlight=300mm

My not-so "boomin" REAL bi-xenon projectors, HID projector foglights
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=940046

My not-so "boomin" engine upgrade list
- Magnum aFe® Stage 2 Intake System
- 62mm Throttle Body/63mm 3/8" TB Spacer
- Mopar Transmission Oil Cooler
- BANKS TorqueTubes® header/ 2000°F Hot Jet Coated
- Magnaflow 2.5" Polished Muffler/ Cat/ Double Wall Tip
- Dodge Dakota Rebuilt 140+amp alternator

My not-so "boomin" stereo
stereo.jpg

My old not-so "boomin" 18s (now sold)
XJ.gif

So... thanks for the comments eh!!!

Jeez, don't get so emotional dude, it's a jeep for crying out loud. Not like I too a dump on it, just gave my opinion of it. If ya can't take critisism, don't post it up eh... No harm , no foul. If I see ya stuck in the snow, I'll still pull you out man.

Philly :canada:

It's fine if you don't like my Jeep,

BUT those 20" rims/ big stereo comments really pissed me off. It sounded like you tried to type cast me as an immature poser. I actually put some thought into my Jeep... it's my daily driver. I'm not about slap some stupid 20s to get some useless attention, or fill my trunk with subs so I don't have room for groceries (or a few cases of canadian beer eh).

First, that is quite possibly the most modern looking XJ I've ever seen... it almost looks like it could be an 08! It really does look nice... and I dig the color. The headlights do make it look like someone stuck their thumb up the Jeeps butt though, but I wouldn't blame anybody for ditching a regular sealed beam in favor of anything else. Second, where the hell did the subwoofer enclosure come from?!?! I hafta know!!!

Damn...and I thought I had a clean Jeep! :eek: You have prooven me wrong!

Lookin good!

urban yan said:
It's fine if you don't like my Jeep,

BUT those 20" rims/ big stereo comments really pissed me off. It sounded like you tried to type cast me as an immature poser. I actually put some thought into my Jeep... it's my daily driver. I'm not about slap some stupid 20s to get some useless attention, or fill my trunk with subs so I don't have room for groceries (or a few cases of canadian beer eh).

huh... I have 22's on my 05 Ram, a couple of Eclipse 10's behind the seats, and a 7 speaker Infinity component system. Its my daily driver ... I guess Im an immature poser plus 2 inches. and I have an RB4 Nav unit that Im abOOt to replace, but Im too busy getting useless attention to ship it to Canada. btw, Canadian beer sucks, EY. Keep that piss water across the lakes.

xjnerfo said:
First, that is quite possibly the most modern looking XJ I've ever seen... it almost looks like it could be an 08! It really does look nice... and I dig the color. The headlights do make it look like someone stuck their thumb up the Jeeps butt though, but I wouldn't blame anybody for ditching a regular sealed beam in favor of anything else. Second, where the hell did the subwoofer enclosure come from?!?! I hafta know!!!
Everybody likes to make fun of my lights online, but that changes pretty fast when they see them work in person. Keep im mind that projectors will always be part of a proper HID system, and they need space. You can't fit them into a 6054 lense without cutting into your header panel. I have friends that retro HID kits for a living; they put fx35 bi-xenon projectors into my WJ , but they wouldn't be able to make a 6054 retro work properly. That's just the reality of working with a small headlight.

BTW. The sub box is a discontinued 10" JL Audio Vantage Stealthbox. I bought mine on ebay, and I had it color-matched to my dark charcoal interior.

99XJWhitey said:
huh... I have 22's on my 05 Ram, a couple of Eclipse 10's behind the seats, and a 7 speaker Infinity component system. Its my daily driver ... I guess Im an immature poser plus 2 inches.
it's called perspective. XJs are small by truck/suv standards. You wouldn't put 20s on a mini cooper; you don't put 20s on an XJ. I think Rams are a weeeeee bit bigger... don't you?

Same thing goes for the stereo; I don't have a cabin with storage space I can use for my stereo AND a massive truck bed. I have one damn trunk, and I need it. I have some Alpine V-Power Amps hidden under my rear bench, Some Infinity Perfect 6.1 components in my front doors, some Infinity 6.5" Kappas in my rear sound bar, and an Infinity Perfect 10DVQ 10" sub in my JL Audio stealthbox. It's all sound deadened with some B-Quiet Ultimate, and it's all pretty-much hidden.

So again yes, I would be a poser if I ran 20s, and a huge stereo in my XJ. It's called perspective.

99XJWhitey said:
I have an RB4 Nav unit that Im abOOt to replace
I appreciate the offer, but I'm looking for an RB1... it has more ipod compatibility.

99XJWhitey said:
Canadian beer sucks, EY. Keep that piss water across the lakes.
American beer is just a re-labeled wine cooler. Deal with it lol.

Back