• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gave my Jeep the Orvis treatment (PICS)

Yo urban yan-

Love it man. I think you've done everything right. I don't even like the spoiler, but its sweet because it was oem in another country.

Love the interior, and pretty much everything else.

This is an xj/mj forum. What you're doing is great. Well built does NOT have to mean lifted and on big tires.

I'd love to have a real dd xj! Mine is a joke on the freeway.

Yeah, xWhatever. Urban your ride is slick, keep posting up.
I took mine a different direction but if I could afford to build 2... I'd be trying to follow your blueprint with the 2nd.

You don't need a street Jeep to have the Orvis look. :)
I went the same route on my lifted XJ.

Orvis hood vents:
dsc04174s.jpg

Orvis spoiler:
dsc03771ms.jpg

I even changed the cloth interior to factory XJ heated leather and manual windows & locks to power, keyless entry and OEM wood grain trim.
Once I got the Orvis bug, I couldn't stop. I would love to do all the other mods that Urban Yan has done to his but it's hard to keeping up with the Yans. :D
If I had a street XJ, it would surely be the way I would go.

LOL, you know where my headlight levelers are...?

on the shelf. :D I never could get the wiring harness or pigtails.

I'd still like to do those headlights you've got, when the price comes down that is. My HID Sylvania Xenarcs aren't quite cutting it. (much better than my old halogens though)

I think Talyn's close to figuring out the levelers.

As far as HIDs go... it's considerably cheaper, these days, to retrofit bi-xenons than to buy a kit like mine. There were very few options when I bought my lights back in 2005. Even the xenarcs were tough to find. Check this retrofit thread.

Yeah, I've seen a few retro threads but most (if not all) require cutting the headlight bucket. For most people that's not a big deal but I'm still holding out hope on my headlight leveling system and I'm not sure you can cut the bucket enough to allow for the factory leveling motors (or their compatibility with the retro lights). That's where your setup is ideal; it all sits forward of the bucket and it's 100% legal.

I'm not familiar with Talyn. Does he have a thread on the leveling system?
Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while. Had a kid, got a boat, truck and new Jeep.

Still hadn´t any luck in finding the Orvis spoiler over here. Couldn´t get an answer from this spanish company and one guy on ebay.uk who parted out an Orvis wrote me, that the spoiler and the complete rear hatch are one piece.

I believe I bought the last spoiler from the US merchant. I also highly doubt the oem spoiler/hatch are fully integrated; I'm guessing it wasn't worth his while to part-out the hatch. On a side note, my HID projector fogs are for sale.... they're not Orvis issue, but they do compliment my Orvis parts nicely.

I believe I bought the last spoiler from the US merchant. I also highly doubt the oem spoiler/hatch are fully integrated; I'm guessing it wasn't worth his while to part-out the hatch. On a side note, my HID projector fogs are for sale.... they're not Orvis issue, but they do compliment my Orvis parts nicely.

Sorry, that I post here, I wasn´t able to post in your thread about selling parts...

Would you accept $250 for the brackets and the HIDs shipped to Germany? Please contact me at [email protected] - I seem to have problems with the software on my new laptop. Thanks!!!

Jan, I have a brand new, unistalled, unpainted Orvis spoiler that I (might) consider parting with. I bought 2 originally because 1 was going on my lifted XJ and the other was going to go on a street XJ that I wanted to build. The street XJ never happened (but if I did build one, Urban nailed it).

Back