• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek, *UPDATE* Aug. 27th and Sept. 9/10th

XJCasper said:
So, is this a Meatfest run?

If so, I am dragging along a brother or two.

In either case, I am dragging along my dogs.

YES.

Whatever you bring, make sure it won't hang anyone up. Dogs running away or getting in the way get to be a PITA. :D

*****UPDATE*****

Okay, we've had some casualties, and some additions. The official un-official list looks like this:

Me
GI-John (welcome back from the field)
Slacker87XJ (with spiffy new LCAs)
Mud1059 (without his "not-so-superwinch")
ECKSJAY (with cigars, apparently)
FriendlyGhostXJ (with dogs and brothers...)
adamusmc2002 (on his first NWC outing)

By now everyone should know that we'll be meeting at the Bonney Lake Safeway at 0800 (8:00 AM) and leaving by 0815. I'm really looking forward to a great trip!

On a related note, make sure to stop by PNW and check out their M&G info. Let's try to get a bunch of NAXJA guys to represent the NWC.
http://www.pnwjeep.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=6fa40ea16ae57be19d41795dd81cb66f

-----Matt-----

Phil, you haven't met my dogs yet. Must be getting them confused with your family members.

Anyway. Finally went back to work today. Son's of bitches scheduled me to work on Sunday. Y'all lucked out, I won't make it.

Jason

XJCasper said:
Son's of bitches scheduled me to work on Sunday. Y'all lucked out, I won't make it.

Jason

Damn Jason. Your work SUCKS.... Maybe next time.

Matt, I'm seriously thinking about going to PNW Jeeps meet n greet. More to follow.

John

IXNAYXJ said:
*****UPDATE*****

Okay, we've had some casualties, and some additions. The official un-official list looks like this:

Me
GI-John (welcome back from the field)
Slacker87XJ (with spiffy new LCAs)
Mud1059 (without his "not-so-superwinch")
ECKSJAY (with cigars, apparently)
FriendlyGhostXJ (with dogs and brothers...)
adamusmc2002 (on his first NWC outing)

By now everyone should know that we'll be meeting at the Bonney Lake Safeway at 0800 (8:00 AM) and leaving by 0815. I'm really looking forward to a great trip!

On a related note, make sure to stop by PNW and check out their M&G info. Let's try to get a bunch of NAXJA guys to represent the NWC.
http://www.pnwjeep.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=6fa40ea16ae57be19d41795dd81cb66f

-----Matt-----

Here are the "new" LCAs from GI-John (Thank you again, btw ;)):

LCA_resize.jpg

The LCAs should help with the flex issues I had last time, along with the new swaybar disco setup (thanks to Hans for the idea and Michael for prodding me to complete it :D):

swaybar_disco_resize.jpg

party1:

Fixed my mashed bumper/end cap from the stump I hit last time:

HK_bumper_armor_resize.jpg

Yeah, thats the new Hello Kitty Xtrem bumper armor. It's big in Japan.

See you all Sunday :looney:

Ian

That's damn funny right there.

My update - Tranny TCase installed. Drivelines next. Then I start the D44 break-in. AFTER I learn why this POS won't run. I'm sure I disconnected my CPS but I have no idea how I did it because I have no idea where it is. However there is this funky little thing hanging off my D side by the bellhousing. Whatever. I'll have it going by the end of the night.

To do:

Sliders
CB
install seat

mud1059 said:
I love NAXJA

LOVE NAXJA

and love 2extreme he's such a wannabe. =)

You can LOVE NAXJA, But don't expect it to LOVE you back:)

You can't love me, you haven't met me;) and again, don't expect me to LOVE you back either ;)

Ian, Those are the SEXIEST disco's I have ever seen, did Hans suggest them also!!

Michael

Not sure if he should meet you Michael.

Look what happen to the last guy:shhh:

J/K :confused1

James.

2xtreme said:
Those are the SEXIEST disco's I have ever seen, did Hans suggest them also!!

Yeah, baby! Hans suggested the 'in-cab electronic disco' but I thought this setup would be even more effective. :)

Will this mean I have to give up my 'Tripod' nickname? :dunno:

Well the jeep is mobile. Started it yesterday drove it an exhausting 9 ft.
But it moved for the first time in 2+ months. I reseated the CPS, tire/bead, mounted all 4 tires, drivelines, mounted the extiguisher, and bent the front clip away from the alternator, and installed a headlight. to do:

Seats, CB, T-Case linkage, E Brake, Hitch, Pack, put "not-so-superwinch" - Thanks Matt - back together. I'm also going to wash it for you weeners so you're not too ashamed to be associated with the guy in the POS.

mud1059 said:
to do:

Seats, CB, T-Case linkage, E Brake, Hitch, Pack, put "not-so-superwinch" - Thanks Matt - back together. I'm also going to wash it for you weeners so you're not too ashamed to be associated with the guy in the POS.

Has anyone else noticed that the To-Do list is actually getting longer as you guys get closer to this weekend:)

Ian,
I am certain that we can come up with MUCH better nicknames than Tripod;)

Michael

From the Pierce County website:

"Due to increased fire traffic in the vicinity of the Carbon River Fire and to provide for public safety, the Carbon River Road will be temporarily closed at its junction with State Route 165.

Only residents living on the Carbon River Road will be allowed access. This will effectively block access to Coplay Lake, Summit Lake, Bearhead Trailhead, and the Carbon access to Mount Rainier National Park.

The National Park Service will issue wilderness backcountry permits at the road closure junction daily from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. while the closure is in effect.

Access to the Evans Creek ORV area is not affected."

Looks like we're okay, but it might be a litttle smokey.

-----Matt-----

I write it down for you guys to see so I can come back later and remind myself what needs to be done....like right now. I'm a tard. Plus things keep changing. I'm out to do some work.

IXNAYXJ said:
From the Pierce County website:

"Due to increased fire traffic in the vicinity of the Carbon River Fire and to provide for public safety, the Carbon River Road will be temporarily closed at its junction with State Route 165.

Only residents living on the Carbon River Road will be allowed access. This will effectively block access to Coplay Lake, Summit Lake, Bearhead Trailhead, and the Carbon access to Mount Rainier National Park.

The National Park Service will issue wilderness backcountry permits at the road closure junction daily from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. while the closure is in effect.

Access to the Evans Creek ORV area is not affected."

Looks like we're okay, but it might be a litttle smokey.

-----Matt-----

Here's some more info that might make for some interesting reading.

http://www.inciweb.org/incident/431/

i put my new tires on for the trip to.....
weak.jpg

....sigh....... work

Back