• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek, *UPDATE* Aug. 27th and Sept. 9/10th

Re: Evans Creek, Aug. 26th and Sept. 9/10th

I bid on some body damage : ) What IXNAY is trying to say is the trees are a lot closer to the trails. There are some tight spots at Evans. Also, that part on the switchbacks with that HUGE log kinda in the middle of the trail. Somebody cut a corner off then someone else winched it more out of the way. If it weren't for it being winched off, I'd advise you guys not to try it. I saw a few vehicles loose windows on that guy. I think we should be fine in that area now though.

Also ladywolf, I think by wimmin we meant "non-wheelin wimmin"

mud1059 said:
Also, that part on the switchbacks with that HUGE log kinda in the middle of the trail.
Exactly.
DSC00099.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

-----Matt-----

yup the top one is it...it's been winched out of the way a little more since u guys were there last.

mud1059 said:
yup the top one is it...it's been winched out of the way a little more since u guys were there last.

That is what made that trail the most fun!!
It was tight, but VERY doable. I think we have seen at least 12 rigs go by there with no issues.

Michael

Probably all going down? Also, it's really dry so traction isn't going to be much of an issue without mud. If you want I'll winch the log back in your way but it's your job to bring the mud : ) No?

OOH update while I'm posting. Bumper is painted and mounted. Winch in mounted and 1/2 wired. I kinda arced it last night, I'll have it done tomorrow and the sliders...I lost the hardware (don't ask) so I need to get some more. And the TC output is here - that wil be started tomorrow as well. Fun times!

you guys can count me in, just as long as I know how to get there. Are directions on here somewhere too?

hey matt i said i WAS working on the 26th, i'll have to catch the next one.

GreenbeltXJ said:
hey matt i said i WAS working on the 26th, i'll have to catch the next one.

Oh snap! I guess we'll see you there then! :D:D:D

(Second post in this thread)
IXNAYXJ said:
UPDATE! The first Evans trip will be on Sunday the 27th, and it will be early.

-----Matt-----

oh, well in that case i guess i'll STILL BE WORKING, i keep telling myself
1 yr. left. thanks for rubing it in there ECKSJAY.

Seriously bro like I told ya at Evans you are VERY VERY VERY lucky to be in the situation you're in. Boring as it may be guarding the shipyard. If I were you I'd be thanking my lucky stars I was there instead of being blowed up by some SOB commie while standing post at a road block in the middle of a shatty ass desert.

On a lower note... I know exactly. what you mean man, Good luck! That last year goes by quick if you ignore it.

ya i know ive got it better than most, its mainly all the stupid shit, and im sure you know about that. ive got new orders now, i'll be going to 1st LAR in late november, camp margarita, camp pendleton.

Last chance I had to post I saw John's meatfest idea.

Just got home and too tired to think. Not that worried about damage.

When it comes to the Jeep:
My wife might give me the "did you see this .......?"
I say "Oh well" or "Oops".
And that's it.

She's not the nagging type, because she knows I don't listen unless it has to do with something fun. My only goal before a trip to Evans were my Rock rails. They are done, lets go (if we are going on Sunday).

Jason

my wheelin update...
T case reassembled and ready for install. Should get through half that tonight. However I fried my winch motor mostly 'cause I'm dumb and didn't read the instructions THOROUGHLY. If you guys don't mind that I don't have a winch, I should be done and able to go. If you guys do mind then I'll have to hit you up next time. Sorry

mud1059 said:
my wheelin update...
T case reassembled and ready for install. Should get through half that tonight. However I fried my winch motor mostly 'cause I'm dumb and didn't read the instructions THOROUGHLY. If you guys don't mind that I don't have a winch, I should be done and able to go. If you guys do mind then I'll have to hit you up next time. Sorry

Winch? Up there? :jester:

I don't have one, but then I'm a web-wheeler and a cheapskate. Go figure.

The only time I've had this Cherokee up there was in deep snow and some ridiculous PITA non-trail trail. I just REALLY don't want to be a mooch meeting you guys for the first time. I have bad luck with Cherokees, hence my sig.

So, is this a Meatfest run?

If so, I am dragging along a brother or two.

In either case, I am dragging along my dogs.

I was harassing John and NW Fest about this. Make me number eight.

Michael, if you are coming remember the templates I want.

Thanks
Jason

Last edited:
XJCasper said:
Michael, if you are coming remember the templates I want.

Thanks
Jason

I won't be there. Sorry, I have way too many other things going at the moment. But I do have the templates and will let you have them next time I see you on a run.
Keep reminding me once we have a run set up and will see each other!!
Thanks,
Michael

2xtreme said:
I won't be there. Sorry, I have way too many other things going at the moment. But I do have the templates and will let you have them next time I see you on a run.
Keep reminding me once we have a run set up and will see each other!!
Thanks,
Michael

Cool, Thanks.

After I take a look at the templates, I might make duplicates or multiple sets, to help others that might be interested. Depends on what I can find in the way of Diamond Plating.

Thanks
Jason

Back