• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek, *UPDATE* Aug. 27th and Sept. 9/10th

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
There was a bunch of talk at NW Fest about doing some trips to Evans Creek in the near future, so I thought I'd post up these opportunities:

Small run being planned for Saturday the 26th (maybe the 27th...we'll know more soon) to Evans Creek. GI-John's got more relatives to impress, apparently.

No offense meant to anybody, but we want to keep the group small and capable/experienced enough to do a bunch of trails in a short amount of time. Last trip: (http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=90745&highlight=evans). It will be similar in scope, but we're going to do the switchback uphill.

I'm going to limit the number of rigs to no more than seven. So far We've got:

Me,
GI-John
Slacker87XJ
Mud1059
ECKSJAY (if on the 27th...?) BFH ICDS :D
2Xtreme (if on the 26th...?)

PM me if you're interested.

The Second dates are for PNW Jeep's Annual Meet and Greet. I will be going because they're a great group of people and I always enjoy meeting more of them. There will be a bunch of stuff to do, including a "newbie" run for those with little or no experience (also great for wives, if they've not been wheeling much).

Here's a link to their info page about the event. I know of at least three or four NAXJA guys who'll be there, so don't feel intimidated! :D

http://www.pnwjeep.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=24

-----Matt-----

Re: Evans Creek, Aug. 26th and Sept. 9/10th

Don't count me out completely yet, I might still be able to make it work.
Michael

IXNAYXJ said:
Scha-Weet! Will you have a t-case skid by then? ;)

-----Matt-----

I have it...and it was with me all weekend. :shhh:

Just need to install it. ;) I should have control arm mounts welded up, too. Mine took a beating on the rocks. :D

ECKSJAY said:
I should have control arm mounts welded up, too. Mine took a beating on the rocks. :D
I was amazed that I didn't have more damage from the rock garden. I only came down on my "frame" rail a couple times, and dented my cat...more than it already was. Didn't hit diff-skids or (that I could tell) my LCA mounts. :confused:

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
I was amazed that I didn't have more damage from the rock garden. I only came down on my "frame" rail a couple times, and dented my cat...more than it already was. Didn't hit diff-skids or (that I could tell) my LCA mounts. :confused:

-----Matt-----

Not necessarily those rocks...I damaged my mounts a while back. Also debating on rounding out the rear corners of my drop brackets so they're not so prone to hangups. Have to gusset them if I'm going to keep all this crap up, too. ;)

I'm going to be ready, I have a few things to place...

P1260016.jpg

I can't beleive I'm putting that on THAT...

P1260017.jpg

Yikes, I got some work cut out for me. I may have my A/C converted by then too.

These pics look huge on photobucket, hopefully they're not ginormous for you guys. Sorry if they are.

Yup, they're enormous.

Just to warn you, while we will be going quickly, and we're not "afraid" of body-damage, nobody in the group wants to come back looking like that. We're going to be sticking to actual trails too.

Judging from your buddies we saw at Evans last time, we might be a little tame for you...like we're not going to be trying to break eachother's shit.

-----Matt-----

haha ya I know. I'm prepared to be normal. Last thing I need is to break with a bunch of guys I've never wheeled with before. I'll be tame as well.

I have been dying to go to Evans, Rock rails are on, but won't have my fenders trimmed by then.

Oh well, I'm IN.

I might have time to unload the Jeep by then.

Jason

How does everyone feel about a Meatfest......no wimmins, no kids.

That's how I roll. Jeep time is ME time. Munchkins and the devil stay home. Actually, its more that she's scared I'm going to kill her than anything else.

XJCasper said:
I have been dying to go to Evans, Rock rails are on, but won't have my fenders trimmed by then.

Oh well, I'm IN.

I might have time to unload the Jeep by then.

Jason
Just to warn you, Jason, Evans is a LOT harder than the stuff at TSF that you ran, and even more than the trail we ran at Reiter. There is a very good likelihood that someone will leave with body damage, or at the very least some good scratches. It isn't as hardcore as Little Rubicon, but there are some sections that are 70% as challenging.

I'm not tring to discourage you, but your Jeep looked so clean at NWFest. :D

So far we've got:

Me
GI-John
Slacker87XJ
ECKSJAY
Mud1059
GreenbeltXJ
FriendlyGhostXJ

x3 on Meatfest idea. As it stands we're meeting at the Bonney Lake Safeway at 0800. We hit the road at 0815 with whoever is there.

-----Matt-----

dammit......i might JUST be getting back to texas about that time........i always miss the fun stuff:( :(

that and you guys dont wanna invite the "wimmin"

Back