• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doorless XJ's

JEONLYEP said:
You could do like mine, but with the mirror on the fender instead of the door.

halfdoor2.JPG

I really like those doors... Especially the latch bet it still makes a nice arm rest

BillR said:
I remember seeing that rig in Ouray this summer. Very slick!
Thanks, I had a great time in Colorado for XJfest.

ucilxj said:
you think the glass was comming out from running doorless?
That or the night before I saw the loose glass I slept in the back. It is somewhat cramped there in back, I may have been pushing on the glass with my feet. (I have a deck built in the back that cover up my junk and gives a flat surface from the back window to the back of the front seats so that the XJ can be used as a bed)

Blackash132 said:
I really like those doors... Especially the latch bet it still makes a nice arm rest
Thanks, Latch is from AMC Eagle! Passenger sides going to have a better latch. it's from a Gremlin!!! I cut the door at the height of the inside arm rest. I'm thinking of padding and covering the top part of the door where I always have my arm.

Last edited:
on the door off thing, i thought it was as long as there is a lip around the bottom of the door to keep ish from falling out

here are some pics of just half-doors. there easy to make.
47b4d900b3127cceb2fa19ffb9410000001610

just use the inner latch to open the door and the stock mount for the mirror.
47b4d933b3127cceb2478f5f29100000001610

47b4d933b3127cceb247898da8f10000001610

wanted to make sure that the hole in the door would fit all my coolies/cozy's.
47b4d933b3127cceb2478f13295c0000001610

I think that would be the best idea for a half door on a budget. Other than that, I'd try to add some type of soft upper part to the door just so I could remove that and put it back on according to the weather

ucilxj said:
you think the glass was comming out from running doorless? what do you mean by a catch?
Here's what I put together for a catch for the rear glass. One done, three to go.

Measured the profile of hatch and glass.
wc01.JPG

Bent a 3/4 X 1/8 strap of metal.
wc02.JPG

Cut it drilled it and put a 3/4 felt pad on it. I just used a simple 1/4 plastic anchor.
wc04.JPG

Mounted it to the hatch.
wc05.JPG

Not really noticeable.
wc06.JPG

Daryl

I made a set of tube doors 2 1/2 yrs ago and I love them. I made a front set of 1/2 doors a yr and a half ago, they were a lot more work than the tube doors, I like my tube doors better. As for a mirror, I bought a generic mirror from Auto Zone and mounted it to the top tube of the tube door.

IntrepidXJ said:
YJ/TJ mirror works good.

DSC00060.JPG

DSC00058.JPG

one bolt and the mirror comes off when wheeling

DSC00110.JPG

I likey! I might do that if I go doorless on my 2 door.

Back