• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Done with the Drive Shaft

CRASH said:
Give the kid a break, do you realize how much weed they smoke in Nevada City, CA? Takes a little while for those folks to catch up.
Ha Ha! Yep, its weed central around here. We compete regularly with Humbolt for potency. Makes Amsterdam seem tame.

Figured it was a joke, but thought maybe he was actually gonna try and run it for the hellofit.

Nevada City Sparky said:
Ha Ha! Yep, its weed central around here. We compete regularly with Humbolt for potency. Makes Amsterdam seem tame.

Figured it was a joke, but thought maybe he was actually gonna try and run it for the hellofit.
But I did and still am.

Waitaminnut... did you guys ACTUALLY MISS the velcro SYE?
Holy BeJeez-us. I WANT to see that thing in use. That's freaking incredible, and would've saved me 500 duckets from TW.

The only weak link I SAW, was that the Velcro seams didn't overlap, which would make a distinctive "clunking" on each rev of the driveshaft. Span the tape 180 degrees apart, and you're in GOLD!

Damn, I wish I had thought of that MYSELF, before dropping the big coin on a 55 lb piece of METAL. That thing just runs like SILK underneath. If I could have saved $450, and only had some splintering to worry about...

WHAT A DEAL! I could have been camping out at HD, waiting to replace my driveshaft daily, but DO IT MYSELF, WITH GLUE!!!

is.php

I don't know.
Maybe, not just yet.
It was a valiant effort, but really, who would ever believe talk of a Velcro SYE, especially without undoctored photo evidence?

ummm....yeah
wood shaft...uhhuhuhuhuh
i am in humboldt right about now...and right about now b&b is actually pretty good comedy

wait...does that really work? is this serious?

i have been seriously contemplating aluminum though...there is a CVPI chillin' with a tow tag and the driveshaft is just hangin' there, i'm thinkin' about goin' to get it and having it made to fit...good idea? or has the nuglife gotten to me?

Blaine B. said:
You could have just used some wood-pattern wall paper and just wrapped it around your metal driveshaft...
Yeah, but what kind of sucky thread would that have made?:dunno:

I had two concerns last night as I watched fire crews battle a forest fire burning out of control too close to my house:

1. Are you concerned with catalytic converter heat causing a fire? That thing looks like it would go up like a matchstick..

2. Water. Do you find that the driveshaft warps a bit after water crossings? Is swelling an issue at the yoke-wood interface?

Thanks for your time.

Within a few minutes of soaking it in cider all of the swelling goes away on its own and the wood is none the worse for the wear.

not sure about the formaldehyde

Why didnt you install the DriveShaft Eliminator Kit sold by Tom Wooods? I read on JU that this was the real answer to all rear DS vibes. I think I am going to try it myself. All the Honda trucks have a rear DS eliminator! Hell, even the new Jeeps have them!

Just saw the price was around 300 bucks... how much shipped for your Driveshaft?

Back