• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Done with the Drive Shaft

Okie Terry said:
Is that a hinkley shock hoop ?

is.php

Yeah, must have been a comp. It's the nicest item on the Jeep.

Okie Terry said:
Yeah, that's what it is.
Great design, too.
I just wish it were oak.....
"I'm an oak man myself.
How bout you, Jimmie, you like oak?"

why you would want a wood driveshaft... I realize its strong and all but there has to be some weak point... and it is a good conversation peice...

Everything has a weak point and a strong point.
Also, I explained all the benefits of a wooden DS over a metal one, in earlier posts.
And, overall, it's just a better material than steel.
Not to mention, I'm still running the same DS.
What's that tell you?

Zice said:
why you would want a wood driveshaft... I realize its strong and all but there has to be some weak point... and it is a good conversation peice...

Wood is the new metal.

Crash.. didnt you have wood front control arms for a while? I remember someone posting about them.

I personally will be using wood for the new floor in the XJ. That metal just isnt good enough for me. PLus I love the looks of the old farm truck wood beds. I think it will look pretty slick.

Scrappy said:
Crash.. didnt you have wood front control arms for a while? I remember someone posting about them.

I'm pretty sure it was Goatman, but I'm having a hard time fining the photographic proof.

Lincoln said:
I'm pretty sure it was Goatman, but I'm having a hard time fining the photographic proof.

It was done on a rig Goat bought. Does the name DRUCK ring a bell? :shocked:

-Mike

cassio said:
c'mon okie i've been using wood for years
heres my custom long arms!
they flex even better than leaf springs!
new316.sized.jpg

cas

That wood've been the druckster-mobile..................

-Mike

Mike L said:
It was done on a rig Goat bought. Does the name DRUCK ring a bell? :shocked:

-Mike
Yea, I hear it's been years since Goat had wood.

Back