• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dicks little white XJ

Not put together right my ass. It was put together just fine we just didnt adjust the things that could be adjusted properly due to time constraints.

It was close, just not quite there. All four control arm joints were installed upside down, the zerks are supposed to be on top, not on the bottom. First wheeling trip out would have sheared the zerk fittings off the LCA's. We also pushed the front end out an inch or so and set pinion cangle, caster, etc. Also, had a 8mm bolt in a 1/2" hold on the trackbar. Whatever axle this rig was in originally either had the hole drilled out for an aftermarket t-bar using the large bolt, or was run loose and it was all wallowed out. We welded a couple plate washers in place to keep it from moving around. You guys all did good for the amount of crap that needed to be done and the time you accomplished it in, we just spent a little time fine-tuning it and dialing it all in.

John

I'd like to see this thing in action, got any flex shots? Congrats on tackling and finishing such a mountain of work in such a short period of time. I dont recall reading what you guys did about the Motor Mounts, was it just an OEM swap from NAPA? Good choice on the Currie Steering. I've installed a couple of those before, and they're 100% beefy. (now just wish I could get one on mine.)
On a side note, BRB (Ben) looks crazy familiar to me. Not sure how or where from, but I think we've crossed paths before.

It was close, just not quite there. All four control arm joints were installed upside down, the zerks are supposed to be on top, not on the bottom. First wheeling trip out would have sheared the zerk fittings off the LCA's. We also pushed the front end out an inch or so and set pinion cangle, caster, etc. Also, had a 8mm bolt in a 1/2" hold on the trackbar. Whatever axle this rig was in originally either had the hole drilled out for an aftermarket t-bar using the large bolt, or was run loose and it was all wallowed out. We welded a couple plate washers in place to keep it from moving around. You guys all did good for the amount of crap that needed to be done and the time you accomplished it in, we just spent a little time fine-tuning it and dialing it all in.

John

Sad thing is we were aware of all these issues and did nothing to fix them. I guess this is what happens when your tired and quit caring.

LoL. Very true.

You crazy northerners... Always taking your jeeps in to a shop.

Dick next time invite some SE Boyz.

Yeah because some animal beer would have really improved their productivity.

This one is a little better

aefdc2bf-4b25-ef7d.jpg

Back