• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dicks little white XJ

Hell 'lil dick you boys done good on this one! Better than the Renix ya had or the F-ord pick em up LOL How much did them Rough Country Arms run ya? I still haven't done a damn thing with my control arms, got the stiffeners, gen-right rocker kit, LII relocator boxes and JKS shackles as well as some 4.5 RE coils to slap on it, waiting for the rain/snow to stop around here to get burnin some steel!

Hell 'lil dick you boys done good on this one! Better than the Renix ya had or the F-ord pick em up LOL How much did them Rough Country Arms run ya? I still haven't done a damn thing with my control arms, got the stiffeners, gen-right rocker kit, LII relocator boxes and JKS shackles as well as some 4.5 RE coils to slap on it, waiting for the rain/snow to stop around here to get burnin some steel!

hahah yeah. its a bit better off than those two rigs. ill post up some pics of it on the pgh site soon. its off to get aligned and the front needs stretched a little bit.

i bought a whole rc kit, including the sye and tom woods shaft for a little under 1300.

hey just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped make this weekend a possibility. it was a lot of hard work and really took everyone involved to get it done in time for me to make it back home in time to get a few hours of sleep before work. TORX, that was a great trip report mid build thread. Pretty much captures the essence of the build, minus the lost 4-5 hours of productivity cause we had a few cases too many. im looking forward to coming back down for the snow camping event and for the TORX build.

Ill get some more pics of this thing in the daylight, when I finally see it in the daylight haha.

You gresham guys hurt our feelings

You woodland sluts need to suck it up!
Next Time I see you I'll bring you a box of tampons, Darren what flow do you want?

If I hurt your feelings, it's cuz I like you. Or I completely HATE you and you should kill your self.

Just sayin...:wave:

The jeep looks good!! Way to go dick.

Bryce's finger;

c6e4dfdb-32a8-e138.jpg

c6e4dfdb-32b6-a07c.jpg

c6e4dfdb-32d8-b97e.jpg

Could have been BPB :dunce:

Haha awesome.

The jeep it dropped off at ACRO last night. Getting aligned, tires balanced, front axle moved forward, probably new shackles( I might actually do some relocation brackets too), and the front axle looked at. The locker seems to be engaging in a straight line in 2wd. He did the setup in there so I'm sure he can figure out what's happening.

Then when it comes back I'm going to figure out why the temp gauge isn't reading, it now kills its self when coming to a stop occasionally, and I'm pretty sure that has to do with a vac line. Good news is the cel hasn't come back on since the drive home.

So the rig is at johns. The frot end was not put together just right. I really credit this to both drinking, and rushing to finish. If we has not drank so much Saturday we would have been further along and not been rushing to finish. However, had I not had 1.76 million things to do in two days time that probably would have helped too.

I should get the truck back in a couple days fully ready to wheel. Then I'll just have to mount the winch and I'll be done. Also have to mount my oba too.

So the rig is at johns. The frot end was not put together just right. I really credit this to both drinking, and rushing to finish. If we has not drank so much Saturday we would have been further along and not been rushing to finish. However, had I not had 1.76 million things to do in two days time that probably would have helped too.

I should get the truck back in a couple days fully ready to wheel. Then I'll just have to mount the winch and I'll be done. Also have to mount my oba too.

What was wrong?

What was wrong?
I'm going to make an assumption... We didn't have time to get the track bar adjusted right, or the control arm lengths verified. Looking at the tire placement, the lowers could have been adjusted out a tad, and the caster was never checked. Again, this is the part where the post install tuning comes into place. I would consider this part of the lift process. Unfortunately, in Dick's case his test drive was 150 miles back to Bellevue.

Awesome work guys!
The winch didn't fit?
The Smitty10K didn't quite line up right in the JCR. It could be bolted down, but there was no room left to attach the fair lead. Dick also got a fancy fair lead that used a different mount pattern than traditional rollers. Nothing some new holes and some slight modifications won't fix.

Not put together right my ass. It was put together just fine we just didnt adjust the things that could be adjusted properly due to time constraints.

It's not like we bolted the tracbar to the pitman arm or anything like that.

The Smitty10K didn't quite line up right in the JCR. It could be bolted down, but there was no room left to attach the fair lead. Dick also got a fancy fair lead that used a different mount pattern than traditional rollers. Nothing some new holes and some slight modifications won't fix.

they really needed to move the winch mount holes back a inch. had problems getting a roller fairlead and hawse mounted on mine. had to trim the bolts

It's home and almost done. Needs a rear shackle. Might be on tomorrow. Winch and oba needs installed. But the way it sits right now it's ready to wheel. And it drives at 60 with no wobbles. That's pretty comforting.

Back