• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Decided to cut up the XJ .. lots of pics

the cage looks great but i have one question. Are you gonna tie that into the rear bumper? I would think that would give it a lot more structural integrity.

Looks to me like if you roll, the first place on the cage that will fail is around that new, pretty hatch you made. Get some tube around the rear wheel well from the rear bumper to the rocker slider, then tie it into the front corner of the 'bed' so it'll support the cage above the hatch. Right now, you have no vertical support between the bed and the a-pillar, which kind of defeats the purpose of a cage.

the cage looks great but i have one question. Are you gonna tie that into the rear bumper? I would think that would give it a lot more structural integrity.

the rear is tied into the main support of rear( old hatch area), which is supported by 1/8" plate that I welded in when I did rear hatch chop.. (you can not see the work).. so in other words it sort of is tied into rear bumper.. just not obvious

Looks to me like if you roll, the first place on the cage that will fail is around that new, pretty hatch you made. Get some tube around the rear wheel well from the rear bumper to the rocker slider, then tie it into the front corner of the 'bed' so it'll support the cage above the hatch. Right now, you have no vertical support between the bed and the a-pillar, which kind of defeats the purpose of a cage.

exactly what most will think.. but what is hidden in the detials is the strenght that you can not see. the bars that run on the rear outside corner go threw the sheetmetal and down at a 45 degree angle (maybe even 60 degree)down to floor, and are tied together with another peice of tube in between each side.
Also what is not in yet, due to me ordering some new suspension seats is that I am adding a "B" pillar support bars inside the cab that will run up threw the roof and connect into exo cage..

so by the time this sees the trails in 2009 all that will be done..

My goal was to have the look of clean lines an still have the strenght, and trust me this cage will have it all when done.. shoot I dare to say it has 85% of it already

pics of it painted

100_4207.jpg

100_4206.jpg

100_4208.jpg

100_4209.jpg

100_4210.jpg

how much shipped to 01003?

sexy on so many levels.

Damn I just read through the whole buildup of that Dodge, pretty damn nice. I just helped a buddy install a lift on his 93 12V, the 260k miles of grease, oil, and grime on the front axle made the install lovely. Yuck. But, it was worth it, can't beat those CTD.

Damn I just read through the whole buildup of that Dodge, pretty damn nice. I just helped a buddy install a lift on his 93 12V, the 260k miles of grease, oil, and grime on the front axle made the install lovely. Yuck. But, it was worth it, can't beat those CTD.

thanks on dodge compliments.. it was so worth it.. as for grease I undestand.. mine was also natsy on the '92 I stripped

The cage did it's job. You're Still alive to post

Looks like your cage did the job admirably. Now it's been tested, keep going!

Back