• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Decided to cut up the XJ .. lots of pics

hey look Kohls has a sale!! great job nice build!

100_2024.jpg

Looks good, very original idea.

Any plans to put a tailgate across the back? If not a fully functional one, maybe just a piece of weatherized plywood or something to keep stuff from flying out of the new cargo bed area?

As seen on NC4X4 as welll... sweet build

fubar XJ said:
Looks good, very original idea.

Any plans to put a tailgate across the back? If not a fully functional one, maybe just a piece of weatherized plywood or something to keep stuff from flying out of the new cargo bed area?

nope no tailgate for now..

the next step for the XJ is to build my Exo/internal cage, then new taillights, and spare tire mount..but it will be a few weeks probably before i get to that..

with a 1 month old time is hard to come by.

that is why I had a 7 day deadline with this.. wife and baby were away for 7 days at grandparents house :)

I realy like the idea of the rear widow hatch. Question, what do you have to reinforce the unibody underneath?

willy51 said:
I realy like the idea of the rear widow hatch. Question, what do you have to reinforce the unibody underneath?

Not 100% sure what ya mean.. but if you are asking if I weakend the unibody? then nope I feel as if it has more strenght then before

look in the below pic and you will see where I have added steel to the structure. plus even if I did not I honestly beleive there would be no issues, since I brought the rear "d" pillar bracing up to the "c" pillar now.

hope this helps if I understand you correct

100_2009copy.jpg

Ah ok i see what you got going on now. I like the look, cleaner than most of the others that use the EXO frame to transfer the flex to the back of the unibody. Very nice. Im thinking about doing a simalr thing on my 93.

damn thats crazy!

I cut the plastic end caps in the front and I was sweatin lol

Looks great! :cheers:

Very cool, nice fab work.

Could you post up more info/pic of the seam sealer you used, I been wanting to try that stuff out. Where did you get it?

Looks great. I still don't have any dents in mine but I feel that it is inevitable. As soon as I have one decent sized dent the sawzall is gettin a new blade!

moparmatt said:
Very cool, nice fab work.

Could you post up more info/pic of the seam sealer you used, I been wanting to try that stuff out. Where did you get it?

The seam selaer I used I got from a local CarQuest Paint supply place.
I will try to get the name of the product this weekend..

rockclimber24315 said:
Great fab work, but you could still work on that bondo some, I can see it looks gooey, block sand that stuff! Nice painting though.

that was the plan but I ran out of time quick.. so I figured hell I will just paint it and come back to it later..

FYI: I did this after the wife told me not to : oops

Hammered said:
All that bad ass Fabrication, and you still have the cracked up tail lights. HAHA

Weld up some LED Tail light boxes man.

ya figured you guys would notice that right away.. the plan is to build some nice steel ones :)

Back