• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check it out almost done, pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nik said:
"Inside is a system with 4 MTX 12 inch thunder 6000's and 2 15 inch 8000's for mind-blowing lows. In the doors are 4 Alpine 6x9's for mids and an 8 tweeter surround system hooked to Dolby Digital processing from the DVD. A 4 channel 1000 watt amp runs the tweeters. The 6x9’s run from the deck. The subs run off 3 Mono D 85000D amps at 5000 watts at 14.4 volts VDC that is constantly kept by a 5 farad cap and volt meter. In line with the double wound 0 gauge wires is a circuit breaker from Phoenix gold. It will blow you away. In dash is a Panasonic DVD player with an 8 tweeter surround sound system and 3 TFT's ready to go in."

"Flexes like a mother too."

Looks like you are faced with a dilemma. To flex like your mother and clear the 40's, you'll need more lift and/or some serious fender cutting. On the other hand, you'll want less lift to clear the awning at your local Sonic Drive-In.

Um....WOW!

All I can say is don't skimp on the KC wiring, I'd do a relay bank with a fuse for each pair. I suppose they could share a common switch.

You aren't looking to time-share adopt a 36 yo grandchild are ya? I'm booked for Halloween and Thanksgiving, but Christmas 03 is still open.

I think there was room for another sticker on that window.:D

Flexes like a mother too.
Prove It. :rolleyes:
410974_2_full.jpg

You need to trim those fenders!! you will either need rediculous bump stops, more lift, or trimming. Otherwise those irocks will get shredded by the sheetmetal. It looks awsome though. And are you running short arms with that much lift?

Last edited:
Flex? WTF, I could bolt on a set of 40s onto my wife's Jetta & say it flexes but lets see some proof! That thing is an embarrassment to hardcore XJs everywhere and will do nothing but mislead the public into thinking this is acceptable.

Lets be polite. There is not need to put somebodies rig down just because we agree/disagree with their setup.

Sorry, I should've said you would be better off with an F350.

Hey I know it isn't done yet, I have to cut a lot and I have done some up front. THese are older pics from about a month ago. When I get a camera again I'll take pics of the chopped rear. Damn man u like to come down hard . . . How old are you? I just turned 16 and this is my only car built off of lawn jobs and construction work for 2 summers. I'd love to have the pockets u do. BY the way, I almost buy everything off ebay.

Sorry man just trying to show some pics of the jeep. It flexes nice up fron at least without rubbing. I got some more cutting to do.

Some guys get a little cranky sometimes. You might look at some rims with a deeper back spacing to make those axles look narrower. Just do us all a favor and don't mention fake bead locks!!!

Nik did puttin the 60 up frunt help the steering??
Led

Are you really running straight pipes and six subwoofers? :rolleyes:

I bet the locals love you...

Edit: ...and please explain those tow hooks on your rear bumper, are you serious?

I'm sorry if I sound like an ass but honestly, I can't take this rig seriously.

Last edited:
vintagespeed said:
Flex? WTF, I could bolt on a set of 40s onto my wife's Jetta & say it flexes but lets see some proof! That thing is an embarrassment to hardcore XJs everywhere and will do nothing but mislead the public into thinking this is acceptable.

Embarrassment why? Because you don't like it? Sorry dude, but thats a bullshit thing to say to someone.

I for one agree with Dave. It's not how I would do my rig up, but I'm very impressed at what this 16 year old has accomplished. I was tooling around in my mom's old pontiac when I was 16. I'm sure as the "high school" phase passes the subs will be replaced with a tool chest and the like and it will become more subdued overall. But for a 16yo that's a pretty badass truck. JMHO

Ary

I dig it. I think it looks good. More stereo than I would've preferred, but it's defnitely impressive.

I will say one thing, though. If you paid for a cherokee and all those mods (60s f&r, 40" IROKs, mega stereo) off 2 summers worth of lawns, I'm quittin this fulltime job BS and grabbin me a Cub Cadet!

I just want to know why didnt you get a real stereo... If it isnt rockford for at least the amps then it aint shit.

I just want to know why didnt you get a real stereo... If it isnt rockford for at least the amps then it aint shit.

cough

Like Rockford is the be all end all.
I used to work for Rockford and it isnt the shizniat u think it is
Thats like saying: if it isnt a Jeep, It cant 4wheel.

N A R R O W M I N D E D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back