• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I fit 33's with 3" lift and cut fenders

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 with three inch lift and cutfenders stock gears and I run 31x10.50 on 15x8 soft 8's. The 31's look to damn small in the wells and when it flexes there looks to be enough room in the front the rear looks a little tight any run 33's on three inch lift or should i just go 32's. with the 32's will i see any differance

It depends on how much you cut your fenders. 33s are going to be tight with just a 3 inch lift, but doable if you cut enough.

I am by no means the Authority on this, But... The rear would need ALOT of bump stop to make that work if you're flexing offroad. May I suggest trim and do 32" MAXXIS BIGHORNS they almost pass for 33s and you'd have some more room in there, but it will be tight even with the rear cut & folded fenders.

Q: do you have an SYE? / Did your 3 inch lift include leaf packs...

Perhaps a small budget boost (maybe 1.5) in addition with the tires to help with making some more room.

YES. I barely cut anything.

IMGP2797.jpg

IMGP2798.jpg

IMGP2800.jpg

IMGP2799.jpg

I'm running a 3.5" lift, which actually came out to around 3" of lift. Cut 2.5" off the front fenders and 1-1.5" off the rear. Have 2" extended bumpstops in the front and stock in the rear. Put on 33" TSL's and can fully flex the front with about 1" of room left. The rear I have only about .24" left under full flex. It will rub slightly if somebody is sitting in the back seat. I'll prob. put a 1" shackle back there soon. I'd definitely put 33's under there!

no bumpstops at all took the fronts off when I put the lift on and one of the rear fell off but they do not touch the axel anyway.

what wheel backspacing and have you added longer bupmstops?

I do not know what exactly BS I'm running, those are 15 x 8 much like MT classic.

I do not add bumpstops.

who can help me to attach some pics of my rig??

I can send a few pics to someone's email to show up my XJ :D

My Xj is CHopped and Ragged Top Bushwackers 6.5" lift 32 BFT MTs

=)

Back