• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One Ton Axle Swap

dd1991

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. Not new to jeeps, but I am new to this forum.

I have a 97 XJ that’s primarily used as a toy. It’s not a DD and sees maybe 500 miles a year on blacktop. Right now it’s pretty simple, sitting on 33’s with a 5.5” lift, SYE, and a few other small upgrades.

My question is: would any of you guys from around the Louisville, KY area be interested in helping a fellow jeeper do a one ton swap? I have decent mechanical knowledge and am by now means afraid to get my hands dirty. I just don’t have the tools or know how when it comes to welding and getting all of the angles and geometry set up properly. I would like for it to drive nicely on the road afterwards, but it would primarily see casual off-roading; no hardcore rock bouncing or hill climbing. Ideally I’d like to run a set of 37”-40” tires safely without the worry of something breaking every trip out. I have some extra funds set aside to purchase axles and other miscellaneous things I know I’ll need.

I know it’s probably a long shot that I’ll find someone willing to help, but perhaps I’ll at least make a few local friends at the least.

Back