• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumpsteer bad. Can someone check my angles

really old joke:
a guy goes to the doctor and says "hey doc, it hurts when i do this."
doctor says "then don't do that"

Getting death wobble crusing at 80 on the highway is scary as shit lol

then don't drive 80. :)

I think that's the speed limit in florida, or close to.

i didn't know that. or maybe i remember a 75 speed limit on a highway somewhere i vacationed. could've been florida.

but be that as it may, i think most of us will agree that the more modified a jeep, the more moderate the speed for safely driving it.

i didn't know that. or maybe i remember a 75 speed limit on a highway somewhere i vacationed. could've been florida.

but be that as it may, i think most of us will agree that the more modified a jeep, the more moderate the speed for safely driving it.

True.

I'm not exactly sure that what muddeprived said was entirely incorrect. In fact, those definitions are not all inclusive, and seem to only include vehicles with rack-and-pinion steering, or without solid steering linkages.

VAC Motorspots said:
Bump Steer is when your wheels steer themselves without input from the steering wheel. The undesirable steering is caused by bumps in the track interacting with improper length or angle of your suspension and steering linkages.

http://www.vacmotorsports.com/articlesDetail.php?recordID=3

I bolded a refinement to their definition that narrows it to what we are talking about here, but the first sentence seems to provide a higher level, more general definition than what you had posted before.

I'm just curious as to why you think your source is right and why they would this one would be incorrect?

Not trying to butt heads, just trying to understand it. :)

recommendations on brands to consider and those to avoid?

Only rough country and rubicon express make the drop brackets. Either will work. One's cheaper than the other but both are practically the same, only RE uses a better support bracket behind the drop bracket. I went with RC but I wish i used RE's support bracket instead.

Only rough country and rubicon express make the drop brackets. Either will work. One's cheaper than the other but both are practically the same, only RE uses a better support bracket behind the drop bracket. I went with RC but I wish i used RE's support bracket instead.

RRO has their own also.

rocky road outfitters = RRO

Those are extremely narrowed definitions of bump steer.
Get your head out of your google book and drive a Jeep over bumps.

Perhaps I did. I stand corrected and apologize for the wrong info. Thanks for correcting me.
Your not entirely wrong. If d-bag know-it-all up there had ever driven a OTK setup with a non modified track bar he would understand that a change in tow from a bump is nearly impossible but bump steer would be there in full force.

I'm not exactly sure that what muddeprived said was entirely incorrect. In fact, those definitions are not all inclusive, and seem to only include vehicles with rack-and-pinion steering, or without solid steering linkages.
http://www.vacmotorsports.com/articlesDetail.php?recordID=3

I bolded a refinement to their definition that narrows it to what we are talking about here, but the first sentence seems to provide a higher level, more general definition than what you had posted before.
VAC Motorspots said:
Bump Steer is when your wheels steer themselves without input from the steering wheel. The undesirable steering is caused by bumps in the track interacting with improper length or angle of your suspension and steering linkages.
I'm just curious as to why you think your source is right and why they would this one would be incorrect?
Not trying to butt heads, just trying to understand it. :)
This is a very good example, and excellent explanation.

The stupid is strong with this thread. :wierd:
and yet we can't resist.

RRO has their own also.

rocky road outfitters = RRO

ah... thanks
Don't thank them for mentioning RRO.
Why would you ever mention that brand? Whatever you do, dont buy anything sold by RRO.
:wierd:

Well i never mention them because.....well, you know why. :eyes:
I don't plan on shopping there ever again. The shackles were tough, the spacers worked, but the customer service sucked, and after getting on NAXJA and learning about XJs, I trust nothing they claim on their site unless I can verify it elsewhere. So much of what they claim there in order to sell their parts and make excuses for why they don't have certain parts available is just idiotic. Don't run long arms because you'll lose control of your Jeep and die....
Those are extremely narrowed definitions of bump steer.
Get your head out of your google book and drive a Jeep over bumps.

Your not entirely wrong. If d-bag know-it-all up there had ever driven a OTK setup with a non modified track bar he would understand that a change in tow from a bump is nearly impossible but bump steer would be there in full force.
D-bag up there probably has more experience in driving his Jeep over bumps, and at speed, then many on here.

Back