• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best steering setup on the market???

im really liking that teraflex setup but im confused???
wheres your drag link???
right behind the bumper attached to the top of the knuckle.....can just see a thin white line behind the bottom of the bumper.
OP, i went with custom. 1 ton tre's for my junk. makes replacement a breeze.
the draglink and tie rod were made custom for my app. along with the trac bar. trac bar is pretty much perfectly inline with the draglink for zero bumpsteer. cost me less than 200 bones.
martin

I would guess, if you took the JCR set-up to a local mechanic he wouldn't charge more than an hour or two labor to remove your system and replace it with the JCR.

BOB

i converted my rustys steering converison to otk. so far has help up great, besides bending the tierod but thats easy to fix.
DSC03643.jpg

DSC03644.jpg

so far. let us know when it combusts on the highway.

what highway? dont think my jeep could go over 30mph so far this steering setup has worked for 3 years...

Not to hijack but.... what track bar brackets are you using axle and frame side? How is the bump steer if any at all.

I have Rubicon Express HD bracket on the frame side, piece of box tube cut open on the axle side, modified RE panhard.

No noticeable bump steer. My drag link and panhard are level and parallel at ride height, and it doesn't use much travel on the highway. Lengths are close enough.

I might use the WJ offset TREs next time, had I not reamed my knuckles for the big GM TREs. But I've had no problems with what I have.

Did it in a weekend.

Waxer and 96jeepSpeed, can you guys post pics of your Ballistic fab setups? Do either of you have aftermarket front diff covers? I have a Ruff Stuff cover and I don't think a straight knuckle to knuckle tie rod will clear it, but I'd love to go with their 7/8" heim steering. Price is definitely right.

For those of you that have the JCR 1-ton, do you daily drive your rigs? Is there any dead spots or anything like that?? I am considering there OTK setup, but I daily drive my rig...

For those of you that have the JCR 1-ton, do you daily drive your rigs? Is there any dead spots or anything like that?? I am considering there OTK setup, but I daily drive my rig...

Do a quick search, that is one of the biggest gripes about the JCR steering. A few guys claim they don't have the dead spots from tie-rod roll, but with that steering design, its almost unavoidable.

i used the same tre's as they use, but made the draglink and tie rod myself.
i dont have any issues with a deadspot on my junk. the wife is the main driver of ours when on road, and believe me, if there was a problem, she'd let me know and then stop driving it.
i also remade the trac bar, so it is pretty much perfectly inline with the draglink at normal ride height.

hope this helps

martin

I believe he is right. I seem to recall that heims are not legal for steering in some states. However, its kinda one of those things that most cops wont even know what the difference is and others that do really wont care.

Just wondering if you have found anything to back that statement up yet?

Thanks

Any pics of your setup? Do you have a straight tie rod from knuckle to knuckle?

Half the stuff I put on my Jeep and car isn't technically 'street legal', but I wouldn't think an inspection place would really notice your heims instead of ball joints and throw a red flag...

Back