• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best steering setup on the market???

Last edited:
your roommate has that on his xj???

Actually it came off an XJ and is now on his LJ.

A D30 is a D30... I have a TJ D30 in my XJ right now.

the big reason why im wanting doing this is because i have an extremely bad death wobble to the point where i can even go over 35-40 mph and hit a bump without having to slam on the brakes and pull off the road.
i know throwing parts at it isnt what i should be doing but honestly like i said i bent my old tie rod out on the trail and i really dont wanna have to worry about it anymore and when i had it up on jack stands checking to see if i had a bad wheel bearings i noticed the steering links flexed some when i would push on the outsides of the tires.
i also had the tires re-balanced and it made no difference

You happen to be running JCR which is why you listing them would be obvious, but have you tried running any other setups like Ballistic Fab for example? Or are you just going on hearsay?

I had WJ stuff on mine before I went with JCR. I have seen many different setups and like I said some are just stupid expensive and some are just cheap junk! I went with JCR because it was the best bang for the buck!! Some people think that because they have a $1000 steering setup that it works better than a $300 setup......... do not let them fool ya!!!

a YJ D30 is only different cause its setup for leaf springs instead of coils and arms...

But the steering had no problems (that i have seen) being put from an XJ to an LJ even though its apparently made for a TJ.

I would give them a quick call just to make sure. I actually really do like that steering, its beefy and is a very easy complete bolt-on install. Took me about an hour, the only problem is the price is somewhat high...

Originally Posted by ocean_jet
http://bulletproofsteering.com/

Prices start at $329.
Anyone else running this system or have any thoughts on it? Looks very nice on their website. I also looked at the Ballistic Fabrication system with Chevy TRE's, and it was around $230.00.

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Steering-Kit-Chevy-Tie-Rod-Ends_p_1338.html

I am assuming either would control 32's better than the stock stuff :)

Thx,

JOhn

Anyone? :)

JOhn

does anyone have any pics of the teraflex steering setup on there rigs???

Or click the link in my sig.

That very thin white line on the bottom edge of the bumper? My drag link. Right around 5-6" lift at the time. Edit: Note no angle on the TREs at ride height.

Last edited:
JCR OTK

PartNumber8619K431.jpg

I run the Ballistic Fab kit with 7/8" Heims. I have been running it for just about 2 years now (just looked at receipt).

I have had zero issues with it. There are no dead spots in the steering like what I've read has been reported with the JCR (which is bandaided with a poly bushing, yuck!). The steering is very responsive and has no play at all to report.

The hardest part was drilling out the pitman arm. The knuckles were like a hot knife through butter.

I carry spare heims (just in case), cause I primarily wheel at JV. Zero breakage so far (watch me break backing out of the garage now). :)

currie should stick to rear ends, as their steering is junk, yet somehow still the highest priced basic steering setup, not much stronger then stock, but $400 and 1 non replaceable end
its been covered.

Curries fine but its not high steer. if u want real steering then go with tera flex or ORO... NOT currie. currie is just like stock its not going to benefit you except strength wise, but there is more than that that goes into steering

Or click the link in my sig.

That very thin white line on the bottom edge of the bumper? My drag link. Right around 5-6" lift at the time. Edit: Note no angle on the TREs at ride height.

Not to hijack but.... what track bar brackets are you using axle and frame side? How is the bump steer if any at all.

I have the ballestic fab kit with 7/8s heims. Im currently running it as a single shear with the stock knuckle, but as soon as i can find a WJ knuckle i will be running that. I also have a JKS OTA trac-bar mount and JKS trac-bar. The tie-rod and DL are beefy as hell.

Back