• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AJ's Offroad 2 thumbs WAY down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ X2. I see a lot of words being thrown around but no tracking numbers from either party.

The Darkside, aside from those two large pieces of angle and the light tabs, I know exactly where to find all of that hardware in my local Home Depot's hardware aisle.

The parts I received were shipped on June 9, 2010.

The Darkside, aside from those two large pieces of angle and the light tabs, I know exactly where to find all of that hardware in my local Home Depot's hardware aisle.

The angle/crossmember support brackets were what I was referring to.

I read all this mess and I am thinking twice about ordering a Slikrock front bumper and Super Rails from him. Sad because I actually like his stuff and now Im thinking twice about it. :tear:

^ X2. I see a lot of words being thrown around but no tracking numbers from either party.

The parts I received were shipped on June 9, 2010.

The angle/crossmember support brackets were what I was referring to.
I still don't see any tracking numbers. Why are you just as resistant to post info as he was to tell you what was going on?

I'm not some paid shill of AJ's, I don't have any of his stuff and probably never will, I prefer building my own or buying used, but your out-and-out hostility and seeming refusal to prove any of your claims does not sit well with me.

Also, I have no idea how the hell UPS managed to bend that thing, I saw Colin (MoparManiac) drive full-speed into a tree with his brand new bumper from AJ (I think.) It took a big chunk out of the tree and shook everything around pretty good, and buckled the uniframe (even with 1/8" plate stiffeners welded on) enough that the radiator fan started hitting the fan shroud. The only damage noticeable on the bumper was some pine tree stuck to the paint.

kastein said:
I still don't see any tracking numbers. Why are you just as resistant to post info as he was to tell you what was going on?

... your out-and-out hostility and seeming refusal to prove any of your claims does not sit well with me.
Werd. That is what I was looking for when I asked for tracking info. Not a statement simply telling me when they were shipped. Must be a secret.

I'm not some paid shill of AJ's, I don't have any of his stuff and probably never will, I prefer building my own or buying used, but your out-and-out hostility and seeming refusal to prove any of your claims does not sit well with me.

Also, I have no idea how the hell UPS managed to bend that thing, I saw Colin (MoparManiac) drive full-speed into a tree with his brand new bumper from AJ (I think.) It took a big chunk out of the tree and shook everything around pretty good, and buckled the uniframe (even with 1/8" plate stiffeners welded on) enough that the radiator fan started hitting the fan shroud. The only damage noticeable on the bumper was some pine tree stuck to the paint.

I wasn't hesitant at all. Here's the tracking number that I received in an email from AJ,

"[FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']Dana,

The parts were sent to the same address as the bumper. I sent them
Priority International on the 9th. The label/receipt number is LJ53 0963
443U S which doesn't provide realtime tracking but will show that they
were sent. You should have them within the next day or two at the most.

AJ"

Also hostile? Have you seen what I went through? Pretty tough to not be hostile after treatment like that.

Here's the dent.
utf-8BRGVudC5qcGc.jpg

Not huge and also easily fixable, but it would have been avoidable if there was some thin material welded from there to the underside to box it in. That wouldn't have added much weight at all.
[/FONT]

even if you post when those parts where shipped it wouldnt prove when the last possible set would have, the ones that never came.

UPS the other day just lost my stuff in transit from another vendor. wasnt the vendors fault, but mail DOES get lost or mishandled by the carrier.

as far as the bend, shipping companies like fedex and ups throw their loads all over the place. a friend of mine was there the day his lift showed up. the delivery driver for UPS just chucked them off the truck onto the concrete slab. the damage of yours, if a concern should have been taken up with fedex immediately. same shipment of parts i was talking about where i was missing a part, i ordered a optima red top battery. the battery actually showed up damaged! the case was cracked. I called about the damage immediately and all was taken care of.

sorry you had to wait so long. it sucks. i havent ordered from aj in a year or two (because the parts where the last i needed) and they came fast and on time. even with all of this though, i wouldnt hesitate from ordering from AJ's. 9 years with that good of rap is good enough for me. same with JCR and even Rough Country have had slams about stuff being behind schedule. I have bought stuff from all three.

P.S that bumper looks a lot stronger then my ARB did.

I had fedex claim they had delivered a package, but it was nowhere to be seen. 8 days later (after asking my landlady for footage from the security camera so I could find out which of my neighbors to hassle) the doorbell rang just as I was about to leave for work, and as I opened my front door the fedex delivery guy threw the package down the stairs at me, turned around, and walked out.

Thanks for providing that tracking number, it's just that we asked a few times and you never gave it, so it seemed like you didn't want to give the info out :spin1:

AJ claimed the hardware was sent in a separate shipment at the same time as the bumper... AJ, you got a tracking number for that? The Darkside, did you get one? Wonder what it shows.

It doesn't matter any more..I know NOT to order from AJ's and he know's NOT order from AJ's..I tell everybody i meet when they ask me where i got my stuff from(bumpers and the wife got there rails)..Plus i show them why you don't buy from AJ's..(Then i tell them HOW long it took to get just the rails..)As soon as i get some money, i'm going to order a pair of rails and throw these(AJ's) in the trash where they belong..LIVE and LEARN
Thank god we found the other company..My wife is very happy with them..

It doesn't matter any more..I know NOT to order from AJ's and he know's NOT order from AJ's..I tell everybody i meet when they ask me where i got my stuff from(bumpers and the wife got there rails)..Plus i show them why you don't buy from AJ's..(Then i tell them HOW long it took to get just the rails..)As soon as i get some money, i'm going to order a pair of rails and throw these(AJ's) in the trash where they belong..LIVE and LEARN
Thank god we found the other company..My wife is very happy with them..
As a scavenger.. where is this dumpster located?:pig:

I've delt with aj's off road nice guy! dents who cares unless ur xj is gonna be a pavement qween it looks easy enough to fix. theres always one pissed off customer we are all humans and ur probably that customer by no fault of anyone just suck it up and move on!
maybe spend some money and put ur name in red!

Tell me where and Ill take them then. Ill bet $10 you dont throw them in the trash though....:rolleyes:

Tell you what..I'll let you watch as soon as i get some NEW rails..These things are chit..Bent up and in on both side..You're right i won't throw them in the trash till i cut them up..These things are trash..HIS service and product is chit to if you ask me..Every year he has some problem that screws people around.
EVERY YEAR...

I should have never posted to re-open this poo flinging contest.:puke:

every happy person tells 3-4 people, every dissatisfied customer tells 10-15. I will order from him again. My rails have held up super, even modified slightly and were still here across the border in a few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back