• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AJ's Offroad 2 thumbs WAY down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a dick does not get you any further ahead of the game, actually it seems the opposite has happened here. :eyes:

I have had problems with vendors in the past, not aj in particular, but persistence is key. If you started slamming me publicly like this I too would pass you a F%#% off pill...

AJ you run a business. When someone pays you for the product that you sell, getting that product is not a privilege, it's a right. During this entire transaction you never once offered to do a single thing to make up for the numerous mistakes on your end. All you ever said was "What do you expect me to do about it?"

Just look at how many things have went wrong with nothing to do with me. The bumper showed up beyond late. Granted you did have a fire but the fire was well after when you told me my bumper was going to be in my hands. The bumper came incomplete and the part that was incomplete was something that I specifically made sure to bring up to you (light tabs) to make sure they'd be on there. Then I get no hardware so the point of the bumper showing up is irrelevant because I still couldn't use it. Then the bumper was nowhere near as solid as I expected. I guess I'm comparing it to my rear bumper but I was hoping the quality was going to be par with that. Then finally after I realized that the parts you told me were sent never actually were.

I've never reacted like this about a situation buying something aftermarket, but I've also never had a transaction that was so wrong from every angle no matter which way you look at it. My rear bumper transaction went flawlessly and I wish this would have went the same.

Being a dick does not get you any further ahead of the game, actually it seems the opposite has happened here. :eyes:

I have had problems with vendors in the past, not aj in particular, but persistence is key. If you started slamming me publicly like this I too would pass you a F%#% off pill...

I was nowhere near a dick until things started getting completely outrageous with time lines and screw ups.

Vendors use the internet and forums as good advertising tools, they have to expect to get both directions of that street. Even if my parts were shipped when AJ claimed, that transaction still would have been far from acceptable in my eyes.

Also, for the record. I did try to get something accomplished through PayPal. They just won't do anything if it's past 45 days. At least now I know to always use my credit card for transactions like this now. They would have been able to do something about it.

EDISKRAD EHT is 100% in the right here, anyone who trashes him for posting his experience, should get a room with AJ, as your obviously on his nuts.

22 weeks, for an incomplete bumper, and attitude, that says its all!
this isnt your average 'jcr is slow' thread, its 22 weeks....

how is it wrong to want something you paid for 6 months ago? it sucks about his house, but this shit is bidness! if he wants to do favor's for friends, 22 weeks for a bumper might be ok, this is bidness!

if you cant provide the product, return the money, simple as that!

Yes you waited a considerable amount of time, I clearly asked what you would like to do at one point. You could have had a refund but you chose to wait.

Your bumper arrived with damage from the shipper. You chose not to file a damage claim like I suggested. You were were not happy with the final product either and I also said you could return it for a refund which you chose not to do.

Like I stated before, it takes an open line of communication to resolve problems and I honestly felt like you were slamming the door on every single avenue I had to resolve your's. You send me an email with your complaints and then immediately jump on a message board and start bashing myself and the product. How's that help towards resolving anything?

This is all hindsight though and that's always a different view. This can go round and round and I have no intention of arguing about something that seems to have no resolution. Good luck.

I've been looking for some DIY bumper fab parts and remembered that AJ's carried them. I was considering ordering them from him until I started reading this thread. I don't jump to conclusions but I have to say that 6 months is a long time to wait. I understand that personal problems arise from time to time. But you have to ask yourself this question AJ, if you had an employee that had a personal problem pop up would you give them 6 months off with no questions asked?
Futhermore I emailed you weeks ago in regards to the fab parts mentioned above. I recieved no response from you. As tight as money is this day and age I appreciate every last cent that comes my way. Customer satisfaction goes a long way.
Just my opinion....

This can go round and round and I have no intention of arguing about something that seems to have no resolution. Good luck.

No resolution?

SEND ME MY PARTS!!!!

It's pretty simple resolution AJ.

It's funny that you can post on here and not reply to the email I sent on the weekend.

The email stated,

AJ,

Are you actually sending me new hardware?

The bumper is for sale and it would be nice to be able to give the buyer something to attach it with. I wouldn't want them to go through what I have for the last 6 months.

Dana

That doesn't seem like it's out of line, and I really don't know how you can just keep ignoring someone that paid for your services.

You want this to just be over with, then just send me what I PAID YOU for. I really don't see how this is such a difficult concept to grasp. Had you done this over a month ago this thread wouldn't even exist. That's all I've been asking this entire time is for my parts.

God this sounds like the same BS when he screwed around with my order...DAM AJ, if you don't want to work just say so...Yea we called every other day for like 4 to 5 months, my wife said screw this chit...She tells everybody not to deal with you..

Like i said on the first page, call JCR OFFROAD..He may take a extra week( i think he says 4 weeks) but he is so busy building GREAT STUFF it is worth the wait...Some times he gets behind but i didn't mind at all..Both of my jeeps have his bumpers, but the wifes jeep also has his TUFF rock rails.. I can't wait to get back to work so i can buy JCR rails for mine..

I recieved my rock rails today. Not as they were described. Contacted the fab shop and their resolution was for me to ship them back to them (at my expense, $55.00) and they would refund my payment.
Just to be clear on this matter, it was not AJ's whom the rails came from. But just trying to make a point. If you don't take control of what you sell or be appreciative of who puts money in your pocket. Your customers will spend their money elsewhere.

I recieved my rock rails today. Not as they were described. Contacted the fab shop and their resolution was for me to ship them back to them (at my expense, $55.00) and they would refund my payment.
Just to be clear on this matter, it was not AJ's whom the rails came from. But just trying to make a point. If you don't take control of what you sell or be appreciative of who puts money in your pocket. Your customers will spend their money elsewhere.
:huh:
So why exactly are you posting that in this thread?

Just to be perfectly clear... I'm not on anyone's side in this. On the one hand, I'd be pretty annoyed if I was told that things had shipped separately and that I would get a tracking number for the hardware, when it then turns out that it wasn't actually sent. On the other hand, the guy paid up front when he didn't have to, was given the opportunity to get a refund and didn't take it, was given the opportunity to file a claim against the shipper and didn't take it, and seems dead set on being unhappy.

If AJ had shipped (or can prove he shipped) the mounting hardware when he said he did, I'll be 100% on his side. Otherwise... it's a pretty low thing to do, claiming you sent the mounting hardware and that a tracking number will be forthcoming and then not actually doing so.

seems dead set on being unhappy.

If AJ had shipped (or can prove he shipped) the mounting hardware when he said he did, I'll be 100% on his side. Otherwise... it's a pretty low thing to do, claiming you sent the mounting hardware and that a tracking number will be forthcoming and then not actually doing so.

Are you joking? You think I welcome this crap AJ is putting me through? I've been asking for the mounting hardware for 6-1/2 weeks. That is ALL I want from AJ and I've been VERY clear on that. Hell, that alone has been posted in this thread a countless amount of times itself. I never asked for a refund after I received the bumper because AJ said he sent the parts already and before I received the bumper I thought it was going to be worth the wait. Little did I know that almost 7 weeks after receiving the bumper AJ would still be giving me the run around on what I paid him for.

Since all this has happened though, I have asked for a refund on MULTIPLE occasions and AJ just ignores it.

I'm sure if AJ had the proof that he actually shipped my parts when he said, he would have posted it long ago.

I'm sure if AJ had the proof that he actually shipped my parts when he said, he would have posted it long ago.

Or he would have had this tracking number he was speaking of.

Also, he talks about me taking up with the shipping company my damaged bumper. Then why hasn't he taken anything up with them about my supposed lost parts? If they actually lost my parts they should have reimbursed him so he could send me some new ones. Because in case it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, I did PAY AJ for the parts he is keeping from me.Hasta

:huh:
So why exactly are you posting that in this thread?

Just to be perfectly clear... I'm not on anyone's side in this. On the one hand, I'd be pretty annoyed if I was told that things had shipped separately and that I would get a tracking number for the hardware, when it then turns out that it wasn't actually sent. On the other hand, the guy paid up front when he didn't have to, was given the opportunity to get a refund and didn't take it, was given the opportunity to file a claim against the shipper and didn't take it, and seems dead set on being unhappy.

i think offroadzombies posted to show that some people wont accept shit from fab companies... unfortunately, he still kinda did when he paid out of pocket (no choice)

"On the other hand, the guy paid up front when he didn't have to, was given the opportunity to get a refund and didn't take it, was given the opportunity to file a claim against the shipper and didn't take it, and seems dead set on being unhappy." sounds to me like he gave AJ chance, after chance, after chance!

AJ seems proud about not charging credit cards till the bumper ships... thats fine and great, except he still accepted the money from the darkside (just figured that out).... thats like saying 'i dont NORMALLY chop up hookers and put em in motel mattress's'! it doesnt matter!

That's exactly what I meant. I take pride in my ride, and when I choose a company or small fab shop (that 90% of the time has something about being the greatest in their logo) to build my parts and I get "shit" in return. I expect prompt (within reason) and good quality parts. Nothing less and no excuses.

Its beyond me why AJ would not just send the MISSING hardware?? Seems like a resolution to me. Small business or not, customer service is key and i certainly don't see this as good advertising.

Well the hardware showed up today.

This is for the guys that were wondering why I didn't just go to the store and grab some new stuff myself.
utf-8BSU1HMDA5NDYtMjAxMDA2MjMtMTEyN.jpg

I don't think NAPA or Home Depot carry those items. Lol

So in the end AJ did end up getting me my parts, but...

What did I get to make up for having to pay somebody local to weld the tabs on? Nothing.

What did I get for waiting near 7 months by the time all was said and done? Nothing.

At least now I can give these parts to the guy that bought the bumper and I can stop being bothered to all hell that I got ripped off. I did get wait I paid for (except the tabs being welded on) but IMO it was definitely not worth the stress, headaches, and time missed wheeling.

I'll just chalk this one up to a few lessons learned. Paying in full at the beginning won't get you anything sooner, and always pay with a credit card because PayPal is useless after 45 days.

I'd like to know if there is some way to determine when those parts were shipped. Tracking information on the package (if shipped other than USPS) should tell us if they were simply shipped & delayed, got lost, or recently shipped. I'm still a hold-out. I believe in AJ based on my past experiences, and I want to continue doing so. EDISKRAD EHT if you can, post up the results of a lookup based on the tracking information that came with the package.

If it turns out that AJ only recently shipped those parts, then I will be shocked and disappointed. And will definitely think twice before ordering a new front bumper (since I tweaked the stocker at NAC Fest - finally! :laugh3:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back