• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AJ's Offroad 2 thumbs WAY down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you'd like to post this on every XJ forum out there (if you haven't already done so ...)

Trashing a guy who has an extremely good rep and some really bad luck, is Bad Karma. Granted, if I were in AJ's shoes I'd bend over backward to get you your stuff just to be rid of you ... but I guess he deals with things differently.

Satisfied AJ's customer here ...

I know i would have..You charge me and not give me what i paid for, not a wise thing to do..
I won't ever use him again, hell i got better service from RUSTY's..:gag:

I will talk to AJ on tuesday and see what he says. He has been trying to put me in charge of the online sales here in the next month or so, that way things move a little smoother.

I apologie for the inconvinences and I will contact Aj right after the holiday weekend.

Since AJ won't return a single phone call or an email for almost a month now, can you please relay the message that I either want what's needed to mount this bumper (properly) or I want a refund. This bumper that I paid good money for is just sitting collecting dust, because AJ can't man up and deal with the situation.

This is complete BS and I can't believe an actual business handles something in this way.

If AJ still doesn't have the balls to deal with this situation by Friday the bumper will be going for sale and I'll be going with JCR.

I've emailed him every day and called and left voicemails and he won't reply to either.

It'll be pretty pathetic if it comes to the point that I have to eat a bunch of money and order a bumper through someone else, just to get a damn winch bumper on my Jeep. I want to start doing some wheeling and I'm done waiting on AJ. I'll give my business to someone that gives a customer what they pay for.

Not that it's any of my business, but isn't that a little like cutting off your nose to spite your face? Why don't you just buy the hardware, mount the bumper & (hopefully) sue/charge AJ for the cost of the hardware & whatever else you said you paid for & didn't receive? That has to be much quicker than selling and waiting for another bumper to arrive. I can't see a lack of a bumper keeping me from wheeling.

I'd love to hear AJ's side of the story, tho. There's 2 sides to every story and all we have is yours. Easy for you to trash a NAXJA Gold Sponser when he ain't speaking up for himself. I can't imagine that he's sitting at the computer trolling for threads that have his name ...

Either way, good luck, and if it's a front bumper (I forgot which) post pics so I can buy it from you :D.

Why don't you just buy the hardware, mount the bumper & (hopefully) sue/charge AJ for the cost of the hardware & whatever else you said you paid for & didn't receive? That has to be much quicker than selling and waiting for another bumper to arrive. I can't see a lack of a bumper keeping me from wheeling.

I'd love to hear AJ's side of the story, tho. There's 2 sides to every story and all we have is yours. Easy for you to trash a NAXJA Gold Sponser when he ain't speaking up for himself. I can't imagine that he's sitting at the computer trolling for threads that have his name ...

Either way, good luck, and if it's a front bumper (I forgot which) post pics so I can buy it from you :D.

According to AJ's site there needs to be a "Crossmember Support Bracket" and some nut strips as well. Its not just a direct bolt on from stock. I don't even know what those pieces look like. I don't want to improperly mount a winch bumper to the front and then when I go to use the winch it mess something up. So the only person I could even buy those from would be AJ, and well you know...........

There are 2 different people that have said they would get a hold of AJ, so there's no way he doesn't know of this thread. There was a thread on another forum from when this situation started and the mods locked it because AJ claimed he had sent my parts, so they considered it resolved. Well this is a month later and I don't have my parts.

Sure AJ can be pissed off because I started that other thread in the first place or because I wasn't all peaches and cream when it happened, but regardless, I'm a paying customer and I should get what I paid for even if AJ is upset that I let people know about my sub-par experience with him.

People keep saying I'm trashing him too. Honestly tell me what you would do if a vendor wasn't returning your calls or your emails when they owed you something? Especially after waiting 6 months for it in the first place.

It's pretty simple. If AJ would have sent me the parts when he said he did or even within 2-3 weeks after this thread wouldn't exist. AJ wont return my calls or my emails so how else would I be able to move forward with this matter?

It's pretty easy for people who received their product just fine to make comments, but they aren't the ones sitting here after 6 months with nothing to show but a giant paper weight that they paid $700+ for.

I'm in need of a rear bumper and I might go with AJ's rear tanker bumper. That thing is sweet and it should arrive in no time.

I ordered a Detours USA rear bumper/tire carrier at the SAME time that I ordered from AJ and it has been on my Jeep for over 4 months.
utf-8BSU1HMDAzNzMtMjAxMDA0MDQtMTQwN.jpg

They had to build it from scratch just as AJ does when you order.

I'm sure bmyohn has talked to him. He's working 60+ hour weeks and helping AJ on the side. He doesn't get on here much once school let's out for the summer.

I've called AJ and left messages every day since, and sent at least 1 email on a daily basis. He hasn't replied to any of them. Obviously he has zero intentions on dealing with the matter, so at this point I even refuse to have his products on my vehicle.

This is HANDS DOWN the WORST experience I have ever had with a vendor of any sort. I would STRONGLY advise that if you want to deal with a stand up guy for products for your Jeep AJ is NOT that guy.(n)

The bumper is now for sale so that I can start moving forward with getting my Jeep ready, which in my opinion is beyond pathetic that it even had to come to this.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...p-Cherokee-XJ-Winch-Bumper-W0QQAdIdZ209343187

If it doesn't sell locally in 2 weeks I'll post it for sale on here.

Check out JCR offroad..See what they can do for you...There are other sponors on here that can help you out..

Good luck

That's exactly who I will be going through.

I ordered some nutstrips from them and they were great.

I'll probably be getting their rock rails too because I'll be selling my ones from AJ as well. I'm not having his crap on my Jeep, or maybe when people ask I'll just say I got them from ebay. :roflmao:

You can edit for up to 45 minutes I believe.

For what it's worth I see your side of the debate, the fact that he bullshitted you about sending it in a different package and then it turns out it never actually got sent sits pretty badly with me. That's straight up lying to the customer and is past the line.

You can edit for up to 45 minutes I believe.

For what it's worth I see your side of the debate, the fact that he bullshitted you about sending it in a different package and then it turns out it never actually got sent sits pretty badly with me. That's straight up lying to the customer and is past the line.

Weird. It wouldn't let me edit as soon as I posted that last one. I just wanted to edit in the "Thank you".

The being lied to part is what completely set me off. I'll admit I was pretty mad when the bumper came incomplete and not how I ordered it either after waiting 5 months, but then when a month later goes by and I realize I've been lied to and now flat out ignored it makes me angry on a daily basis.

I literally park my Jeep in a different direction now because when I'd see the front of it before I'd leave for work in the morning it would put me in a bad mood and wreck my day from the get go. So I don't care what anyone has to say about AJ, because I will NEVER have an ounce of respect for that man. He flat out ripped me off and is too much of a coward to even deal with a situation that HE created by not doing his job properly.

I'll copy and paste from the other forum...

Being in this business for over 9 years, problems arise from time to time, it's just the nature of things. Since I'm a small operation, any problem that arises is something I take very seriously and do what I can to work them out with the customer provided that we have an open line of communication.

There is no open line of communication with this customer, not when he is leaving me with no opportunity to make anything right. He has formed his own opinions, drawing conclusions and then instead of speaking with me directly to resolve this has gone on a public and bashed my product. What exactly am I supposed to do?

On 3/5 I received the following....
AJ,

Well being that I ordered and paid for it over 3 months ago, just having pictures of a bumper doesn't really mean anything to me.

It's getting a bit ridiculous at this point. If this is how long you make people wait you shouldn't be taking full payment from them right off the hop.

So being that all I'll have next week is pictures that means I'm still a few weeks (at least) away from having my bumper. That makes it a 4 month wait for a single bumper. Pretty outrageous.

My response...

Dana

Unfortunately I have no control over events beyond my control. What exactly would you like me to do at this point?

AJ

To clarify one point. I do NOT ask for payment up front on any bumpers, even one off customs. It was his decision to pay in advance. If he was no longer willing to wait, a full refund would have been issued no questions asked.

On 4/26 he received the bumper and sent me this email....

AJ,

Words can't even described how pissed off I am right now. This is hands down the worst transaction I have ever had, and I've been into cars for years and have spent 10's of thousands of dollars modifying them with aftermarket parts.

I looked back at our emails and I sent you this,

"Hey AJ,

I forgot to make sure the bumper comes with tabs to mount some lights like in the pic."

And you replied,

"Dana,

Absolutely will put light tabs on it!"

Guess what?!? My bumper doesn't have any light tabs on it!

Now all this time and I don't even have what I ordered? Then to add I can't even paint it yet like I had planned because I have to find someone and PAY them to put some light tabs on it like it was SUPPOSED to come with.

I honestly don't expect you to do anything about it because you made me wait 5 months already and still didn't do a single thing to make up for my poor experience, but I thought you should at least know I'm FAR from satisfied with my experience with AJ's Offroad. I'm always a pretty understanding guy and know ***** happens but this experience from front to back has been absolutely horrible.

Dana

Followed by this email...

And look it's even dented too. I would've thought that front angle would've at least been boxed in for strength. An offroad bumper that can't even take shipping without bending it?

This just keeps getting better.

My response....

Dana,

The hardware was shipped separately via the post office.

As far as the dent you indicated in the previous email, contact FedEx
and file a damage claim. You may find it hard to believe but in 9
years, that's only the 2nd bumper I've seen damaged in shipping. The
previous one to that had a 1/4" tab bent 90degrees, so shipping
companies are capable of damaging anything. Suppose if I built an
indestructible bumper, the trade off would it be weighing twice as
much.

You did give your "ok" on the final pics of the bumper prior to
shipping and I did offer you a complete refund if you were unwilling to
wait. At this point I can clearly see there is absolutely nothing I can
do that will make you happy. If you would like to return the bumper for
a refund let me know and I'll send you instructions on how to do so.

AJ

The light tabs missing are 100% my fault yes but when the customer outright says "I expect you to do nothing about it.." where does that leave me for a matter of resolving it? Nowhere.

The damage done by the shipper is an issue that needs to be taken up with FedEx Ground and I would have been more than willing to help with that. Think of this...in 9 years this is only the 2nd bumper I've seen damaged by the shipper. The other was a 1/4" thick tab bent completely over....something that would take a lot of effort with a 4lb maul to accomplish.

Boxing in the entire underside would add considerable weight, make access to the winch mounting holes and the bumper mounts even less accessible and make a nice place to collect water and mud. There's always the thinking that adding more steel makes it stronger, but it gets to a point where you're adding a lot of weight for little gain. The only indestructible bumper is one that is going to add 150lbs plus of weight to the front of your Jeep, definitely not what most of my customers want.

If I install this as it came I wouldn't dare use my winch for fear of what would happen to the bumper or the front of my Jeep.

And what would that be? Because in 9 years and hundreds of winch bumpers out there in the real world getting used and abused I've not heard of a single failure/problem. In fact if you do some research you'll find that my winch bumpers are built considerably stronger than most out on the market.

For instance most companies use a single flat plate for thick steel for a mounting plate. You can clearly see the mounting area for the winch I locate two angle pieces as well as a vertical piece all the way across the back which provides A LOT more strength than a single mounting plate on one plane. Also my mounts go beyond the factory mounting locations and wrap around the underside where as most companies don't. Adding more fasteners on a different plane increases strength a lot. Very basic principles.

If all you're looking for is a nice looking Mall Crawler bumper then I guess this bumper is for you. It sure looks nice in pictures, but that's about it.
This is your opinion, a very biased one. The thousands of other customers I have who have purchased winch bumpers and other products who are happy with it...who have wheeled hard with them....abused them...used them for years without fail..... all MallCrawlers? I don't think so.

As I said before, I don't know what I can do to make you happy and I felt like you have left me with no avenue to pursue to do so. You send me those email and in the same night post this up.

That was my response to this same post on another forum.

Phone calls and messages every day??? I wish you had called from the start and avoided this whole mess but I have not heard ONE single message from you. Granted I've been in and out of the shop a lot as I'm getting closer to moving back home so you may have called but you certainly have not left a single message.

As far as responding to your emails. I told you unless you were willing to communicate with me like an adult, leave the insults and insinuations out of it...that I would NOT respond. Your emails since then....

So now you're stealing money from your customers and not even giving them what they have PAID for?

I'll be taking legal action and I'll be sure to be posting this pathetic experience on every forum I even see speak of your parts.

This is complete bull and I can not believe I don't have my parts yet.

You're a real piece of work AJ.

You want to play games AJ.

I'll be opening a claim through PayPal you CROOK.

You want to be a slime and keep my parts, I'll take it beyond your hands to get reimbursed.

Honestly Dana, I do apologize for the bad experience you had and really wish you had given me an opportunity to make things right from the start. The problem is, you didn't. I understand being upset but throwing out insults and going on a rampage while leaving me no opportunity to remedy anything solves nothing. Your hardware is shipped, go ahead and say it's a lie, that's fine. Best of luck. If you would like to speak to me directly please feel free to PM me and I'll gladly give you my personal number.

First off, saying I never left any messages is a blatant lie. I can even scan and paste my phone records.

Second, how do you expect someone to react when you take their money and then don't give them what they pay for and start ignoring them? Those emails that I started being offensive and calling you out are AFTER you wouldn't return any emails or phone calls. You keep what someone paid for and that's the same as stealing in my eyes.

Third, you told me my parts had ALREADY shipped on April 27th. That was obviously a blatant lie because it's well into June and I don't have them. You think that after it's very apparent that you lied to me that I'm going to stay civil?

Do you also want me to post the many emails I sent that were nowhere near offensive after the fact, where I was pretty well pleading for you to just send me my parts so that this thing could be over with?

I really do hope that you're not posting false information again like last time and that my parts really are on the way this time. I don't regret sending those emails, as if you wouldn't have lied to me and told me the light tabs were my fault it wouldn't have jaded my opinion of you as an individual. You have to remember that all of this happened after 5 months when I was originally quoted 1-1/2. So before all of this I had a bad taste in my mouth to begin with.

leaving me no opportunity to remedy anything solves nothing. Your hardware is shipped, go ahead and say it's a lie, that's fine.

All you had to do was send the parts that I paid for, that's a pretty obvious remedy to me.

So are you saying you shipped more, or are these the same parts that you said were already shipped previously to April 27th? Sorry if I have a hard time that it is taking that long for them to get here. You also said I'd get a tracking # for those parts. You don't happen to have that tracking # since you actually did ship them, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back