• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removal of the air intake venturi, good or bad?

andresxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, guys, i recently read the article in the go-jeep page about removing the venturi in the intake, and i did it, i notice a slight improvement in the throttle, but i wonder, is there a downside to it? Mine is a 88 XJ, Renix sistem, 4.0.

Thanks in advance.
PS: I'm from Venezuela, home of the very cheap fuel, the very sexy women, and all stock XJs with dana 44, front and rear.:cheers:

There are two possible negatives. First is that there is in increase in intake whistling. Second is that it reduces the vacuum that is used to purge the vapors from the crankcase and can lead to oil in the intake box.

i read in a magazine (they where doing tests on cheap power upgrades) that they dyno'd with and without and there was zero gains from taking it off. Just something I read.

nothin on my throttle body but open air. took it off while doin some work around it, just too damn lazy (too damn cold here to do any more work on it) to put it back on. so far nothin bad has happened. no gain either (just better air :D )

Back