• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arms or mid arms

Vanimal

NAXJA Forum User
i currently have rubicon express (i think) radius arms. i am planning on going to a 3 link with the new front axle. i run it wristed right how anyways. i could change the radius arms into lower control arms pretty easily.
My question is if there is any advantage of having 36" arms over something closer to 30". i was thinking of cutting them down a little since i get hung up on the control arm brackets quite a bit. am i going to have any noticeable downsides to doing this? weird handling? difficulty mounting the upper arm while keeping it an ideal length? i cant imagine much of a loss, but i figured i'd ask.

setup is about 4.5-5" lift, 35's, wishbone 3 link rear, radius arms front, coilovers all around.

Nothing wrong with shorter arms, especially with 3-4 link. Is what I would like to do with mine eventually, when funds/other things permit.

I think my RK alum 3 link is at 28-29" lower and 29-30" upper. I know whats with the lengths, but its what works, for me...

yea, i noticed you had shorter arms on your jeep, which is actually what got me thinking.

30" arms are still longer than some longarms.

I think my 3 link midarms are somewhere around 20" long. worked awesome everywhere from 3" of lift to 5.5, and im sure they would be fine higher. Note that i also had my axle mounts raised. had a great control arm angle that was pretty close to flat.

Back