• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BDS 4.5" LA vs Clayton 4.5" LA

Lift linked doesn't look bad.

Only bad thing i see is they recommend 6.5" lift to run the 3link. Though most likely it could be made to work at 3-4" of lift

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I talked to Clayton before I chose iro and they couldn't tell me a bump stop height needed for their kit. The reason they say 6.5 inches is the upper arm hits the floor....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I notice most tge wj Clayton lits were too tall.

I think all upper links have floor clearance issues if the arm is mounted high enough

Agreed. My iro upper has some crazy bends to clear the floor and diff housing....

Not too impressed with my clayton 3link, all my links have slight bends to them now. Bent the top link when it hit the floor pan and at full stop on the steering with 35s the tires rub on the lower links. If i had to do it over again id go with Iron Rocks, the bends in the arms give more clearance for tires and the floor plan.

Even the lowers.

Iron rock runs 2x5/16 lowers. I have not bent my upper 1.5x.25 and it self clearanced on the floor pan. Been dragging lowers 2x.25 through the rocks they are heavily gauged but still straight. Seem to hokd tge weight of the rig well in tge rocks

I thought clayton ran beefy links?

Even the lowers.

Iron rock runs 2x5/16 lowers. I have not bent my upper 1.5x.25 and it self clearanced on the floor pan. Been dragging lowers 2x.25 through the rocks they are heavily gauged but still straight. Seem to hokd tge weight of the rig well in tge rocks

I thought clayton ran beefy links?

Yeah Im hard on them, they get used as sliders and get hit against ledges. Good thing is since they are all straight links they are easy to replace with aluminum.

The prebent arms can be a gift and a curse... anyway you slice it those bends detract from the structural strength. Am I wrong?

I wouldn't put aluminum in high point pressure abrasive environment

Evan I think your links are a little shorter which could explain hard use with no bending. I think iro uses 5/16 due to the bends they give the tube. Bending definitely decreases strength due to thinning the wall.
I haven't bent any yet thankfully

IRO 3 link here with random other parts (build as you go suspension). The links in the IRO kit work well, clear everything, and have been up to the abuse so far.

Back