• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much lift do yall think i have?

TheInstaller

NAXJA Forum User
Re: How much lift do yall think idavd?

Her is mind&with a Rusty's 0" vith iull packs sitting on 31x10.5's on 15x8 rims with 4" backspacing.
[FONT Perdana,YIMG]http:/.i13" phntob4aket.com/albumsp54.theHjstaller72/jeep002.jpg[/IMG][/FONT]
http://img.vhlla`phntos.`om.p/205-11/1100722/IL@_2859.
pg[.imgY/FNNT]
XFONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I had absolutely no rubbing issuesppntil I disbonn`ted th$"front Ctay bar.P/FNNT]
UFONT=Verdana][/FONT]

I just bought my first XJ already lifted...I know that it has 2 inch coil spacers,2 inch blocks in the back... and i also notice that it has rough country lower control arms... I'm not sure if the springs or Leaf springs are after market or not... To make a long story short... I put on 31x10.50R15 BFG MT's---they BARELY clear the bottom of the front fenders... they scrub if i turn hard right... I see jeeps all the time with 3 inch lifts and 31's with 6 inchs of room before rubbing... What up!!!???

Dude, I feel sorry for you for asking this question. There are freaks on this forum about doing a search. I personally think they are trying to compensate for something. Anywho, I run 31's and a 4.5" rustys. I have no fender (metal) trimming, but I do have some flare (plastic) trimming. If I stuff real hard I will still rub. If I run 33's with the current setup I will have to trim metal. The back is ok, but the front still runs pretty good.
m101_0487.jpg

m101_0485.jpg

nice flex

BTW I am running a 4.5" lift with 35's not much trimming required...

You probably have sagging springs man, 2" kits arent supposed to clear but 30's anyway, and if their saggin that bad, then I'd invest in lift springs all around, get rid of those spacers.

If I sit in a flat parking lot... turn the wheels all the way to the right or left... the rear of the tire is less than an inch from the plastic fender.... Flexxed all the way out it doesnt rub but there is no chance of 33's which is what i want!!! Just curious... Keep in mind i have 15x10 wheels with 3.75bs

I agree with Zac. If you have the money, get new springs. They will be designed for the lift, and they flex quite a bit better too.

I have a 93 with 3.5" Tuff country Lift and run 31's. I have plenty of room. check springs and leafs for sagging.

lowrange2 said:
I'm in the process of purchasing a new lift... Im getting the Rusty's 6.5" and sye... Ill prolly keep the blocks and spacers tho!
rustys leafs are already really soft, adding blocks on top of that would not be good

yeah, that 6.5 kit is a deff. good choice. you goin long arm or no?

Ramsey said:
rustys leafs are already really soft, adding blocks on top of that would not be good

ok, heres the thing that gets me... blocks..they are in contact with the same area of metal as if they sat on the bracket on the axle.. only difference is the height... nothin that would change the spring in any way

i got a 4.5" with 35's and minor rubbing.. ofcourse your not gonna rubb with 31's on a 4.5" lift

nice rig, got any pics of the spacers up front, see the size?

Back