• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much lift do I need?

Looks like someone has some quality AUTOCAD experience

I am leaning toward design #1. If you roll, its no big deal, just throw it in reverse!

Edit: isn't this why some guys put tons on XJ's? :flame:

internet lies.

:bs:

What, he only gave you 4"?

Would rather have a 27 spl 8.25 than a super turdy five

A polished turdy I am strangely ok with

You're a moron.

He needs at least a Dana 88 rear with a Dana 92 front. The cool thing about the 92 though is he can get the low pinion since the pinion is actually mounted above centerline. The downside is it's a British axle so turns the opposite direction, it's pretty simple to fab up a reverser box though so all's well.

Well so I see two options at this point. No lift, large wheel spacers

lift.jpg

Or the standard design, just some small lift blocks (Florida style)

lift-1.jpg

Looks good but you may need frame stiffeners and a traction bar. They don't make ubolts that long so you will be better off welding some 2.5x6 box tubing to the axle and springs.

Also get a high lift jack extension.

Red Green has a great writeup on fitting tires this large.

Have you considered a body lift?

Oh yeah. You may have to clearance your doors somewhat for them to open.

Last edited:
Well so I see two options at this point. No lift, large wheel spacers

lift.jpg

Or the standard design, just some small lift blocks (Florida style)

lift-1.jpg

You know, I've been looking at these photographs all night and I suspect there's some photoshop action going on. The pixels just don't seem right. Whoever it is he's a master photoshopper because it's very, very impressive work that almost looks real if I weren't such an experienced and knowledgeable guy.

This thread delivers! :roflmao:

Don't forget the 5 gal buckets of air-soft pellets....
You wouldn't want DW from the tires being out of balance.:greensmok

You will need zj rear discs

Back