• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much lift do I need?

SC Rednek

NAXJA Forum User
I want the tires on the right, under my jeep on the left. How much lift will I need? I'm hoping to keep my stock axles, but I'm not sure if the lug pattern will work, maybe run some wheel spacers?

100_2542.jpg

U might have to move your spare to the roof. I want those straps. They must be like half a foot wide

I'd be afraid of a spare on the roof raising my center of gravity too much, but I guess it's good enough. I'll be needing two of those half foot wide straps then.

I like the look of those new Bushwhacker tube-like flairs, do they come in XXL? I'm afraid of cutting my fenders though, I want this thing to be capable but still have a nice straight body and waxed paint job so I can cruise around town in it.

AH, in that case you're going to need the 4' wide spacers that were suggested. That way the tires could run up beside your doors.

You're also going to have to stretch your wheelbase at least 15 feet. But I think you can get that done with some off those 63" long Cheby springs.

You're going to also need a V8 ZJ Tie rod...

and keep in mind that your speedo will be couple ticks off

If you run the wheel spacers, there would be no need for a cage though... if it flops, just drive out! Dont forget the 300.56:1 gears either, that should get your MPG back up to stock.

so I need a high ratio carrier?

I may have to rethink the spare tire on the roof, the wheels might be too close. Maybe I could just keep a 54" doughnut spare. But I'm sure if I get a flat I can just call AAA and someone will come right out.

Last edited:
so I need a high ratio carrier?

I may have to rethink the spare tire on the roof, the wheels might be too close. Maybe I could just keep a 54" doughnut spare. But I'm sure if I get a flat I can just call AAA and someone will come right out.
You could maybe try 2 or 3 cases of Fix-A-Flat.

4' wheel spacers should do it. Gonna have to call for a second truck to bring the 4th tire, and your spare though

Would the front tires be able to turn with spacers that size? Might need to go wider. At least you can't hydro lock the motor. That sucker would float really well.

Back