• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

your opinion on gears

Which Gears

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LouisianaZJ said:
i have 33's with 4.56 cruising at 2500 at 70 with corrected speedo

not enough gear, even on flat land
to each his own i suppose. i definetly wont be happy once i jump to 35's though

You're talking a 7% difference between 4.56 and 4.88, which is 175 rpm at 2500 rpm. That's not enough of a difference to mean anything, except that it can help get the motor into a better power band and keep it in overdrive. When I went to 35's I changed from 4.56's to 5.13's. It was nicer with the 35's and 5.13's than it was with 33's and 4.56's.

Of course, now I have 37's, but also have a stroker, so it's not much of an issue. :)

darwin said:
Hey I'm running 31s with 3.07s and a manual transmission, so no one but me is allowed to complain here.
i am with the same setup as you...

bigredjeep said:
33's and stock 3.55 and c8.25 not to bad but i can keep up with the best of them
even with 35's you'll be good to go and can most definetly keep up with the best

i agree i have a 99 xj with the 8.25 29 spline and 33's with a 3.55 ratio and before i got the 33's i was real worried about having to regear afterward but after running a while with the stock gears i cant think of a reason to blow that much money on something if it isnt nessasary

dave's crazy said:
i agree i have a 99 xj with the 8.25 29 spline and 33's with a 3.55 ratio and before i got the 33's i was real worried about having to regear afterward but after running a while with the stock gears i cant think of a reason to blow that much money on something if it isnt nessasary

:confused1

I have 33 TSL's and 4.88's...I want 5.38's ... :rattle: With the 4.88's, my heep will go WAY faster than safe on the road...LOL!!!! and I have a non-overdrive tranny..

dave's crazy said:

Nice choice on handle.
I bitched about my 3.55s in my 8.25 when I was on 30" GSAs.
Stupidity squared.

Can we bring that thread back to tech?

Pretty please?

The stupidity factor of all these gearing posts has pegged the retard-meter.

CRASH

dave's crazy said:
hey buddy i was joking. even with 4.56s and 33s i could use a tad more offroad. i couldnt imagine it with 3.55's hell 31s sucked with 3.55's

dave's crazy said:
auto?

Back