• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your comments on a The Jeep Wave

Zombie thread resurrection!

So something weird happened today.

I was driving my Barbie-jeep(I got a smokin' deal on a Wrangler a couple years ago) and I tend to Jeep-wave more when I'm driving it.

I Jeep-waved a Trailhawk Cherokee.
Totally unconscious. Saw the running lights on top of the fenders and flipped my hand up. 'Took a couple seconds to realize it.

Is that a bad thing?

You raised a 6 year old thread from a dark, deep sleep just to bash the new Cherokee?

I read through this entire thread and I must say I was a little disappointed in the attitudes of some people. When I bought my XJ, I sort of expected some waves from other Jeep owners, especially XJ owners. It hasn't happened yet and I live in a rural country town with lots of other stock XJ's. I guess there isn't exactly a Jeep brotherhood like I thought.

To those who think they can't wave to a stock XJ from a modded XJ:

Sure, people who have built a nice rig deserve respect and a wave more so than the poor schlums beating around in their stock rigs. Have some respect though. You have no idea what percentage of that poor schlum's income it might have taken to save that XJ from the junkyard. You have no clue how much effort that poor young schlum may have put into learning how to put that rig back on the road after it sat for ten years in a barn when you have a degree in auto mechanics and can install a lift kit in an hour and a half. Don't be a snob. You might inspire that poor schlum to try and build up his own rig some day.

Back