• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your comments on a The Jeep Wave

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
How many of you really wave to Wranglers? I have waved to a few lately and had about a 50/50 chance of them waving back. I have had even worse luck with other modded Xjs, around 1/4 wave back.
How about you guys?

I only wave to modded Wranglers,
on the trail only,
and only when I'm in a good mood.
fing06.gif

...and on Tuesdays between 7:00-7:30

Last edited:
I was just telling my wife the other day that I am about to sell the XJ.

It seems to me the only people driving lifted XJ's are punk ass kids who don't give a crap about traditions. They have got so cheap to buy and built that they are now the vehicle to have by kids who can't afford anything else.

It seems to me the only people driving lifted XJ's are punk ass kids who don't give a crap about traditions. They have got so cheap to buy and built that they are now the vehicle to have by kids who can't afford anything else.

I'm 19 and know who the punk ass kids that drive the lifted XJ's are and there are a few of them around where i live. But there are a bunch of people I see around that are my age if not younger that I'll wave to (only modded XJ's though) and get a wave back. Most of the younger kids around here drive XJ's because they like XJ's but there are a few bad apples out there that are punks.

I seen a really nice lifted XJ at the gas station yesterday. I noticed it had a Rusty's sticker and figured it was a Rusty's lift. I asked the kid how he liked it, how it handled and how it was holding up....he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Said he bought it like that cause it looked cool.

Yeah and I gave up waving to others a while back.

Park it under glass for 10-15 years. Then all the punk ass kids will have used them all up and us old farts will be the only ones running them again.

So, what's the vehicle in your future?

Wow. Already 35 years old? And already thinking about a wheelchair? Be a punk like me and drive your lifted XJ till you die.

'92 XJ

Last edited:
Anything lifted that looks like it might get used: XJ, TJ, even 'yota.

(It usually confuses the yota guys, but they wave back.)

Nothing stock, and no full-size bling.

Basically, I wave at guys that are probably like me.

Robert

How about we all get big "N"s on the windshield, that way we know who the true Jeepers are? haha
BTW im 18. I try not to be a punkass kid. I do all my own work on my Jeep. Im not one of those kids with the huge sound system and no muffler that drives by your house at 2 am...
Yes, one of the reasons I bought a Jeep was because it was cheap to mod. How ever both my dad and uncle have Jeeps and thats why i truly love them.
Hopefully i do not fit your stereotypical 18 yr old.

There's nothing wrong with a huge sound system, I have one but I have it because I love music and good sounding music. You just have to be respectful with it, such as in a neighborhood don't have it balls to the wall.

There's nothing wrong with a huge sound system, I have one but I have it because I love music and good sounding music. You just have to be respectful with it, such as in a neighborhood don't have it balls to the wall.

I agree with you, i should have been more clear. I just know alot of kids with ear blasting systems that feel they need to turn it up ALL the time. Ticks me off.

Back